Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-five holsters

Medicaptain

Wow....I picked up a great deal on a new X-Five today and really looking forward to shooting it this Thursday in USPSA and Sunday in a 3 Gun event....BUT....I can't diddly for a decent holster.  I picked up a CompTac on Amazon out of desperation.....any suggestions out there besides waiting a month for an RHT (ordering now), Springer is "out of stock".....I travel a bunch so I don't mind multiple holsters....

If you're NOT to picky about color RHT has this right now >>>>

Package (P320 x5 holster, drop and 5 mag pouches) ready to ship immediately. Carbon black with Tiffany blue with drop for a Sig X5. $250 shipped in US.

Edited by bossgvr4

39 minutes ago, sfinney said:

Looks like Ben Stoeger may have some in stock... if want a Blade-tech.

http://benstoegerproshop.com/blade-tech-doh-dropped-offset-holster-for-uspsa-ipsc/

Nice catch.....ordering one of those for sure....Thanks

33 minutes ago, bossgvr4 said:

If you're NOT to picky about color RHT has this right now >>>>

Package (P320 x5 holster, drop and 5 mag pouches) ready to ship immediately. Carbon black with Tiffany blue with drop for a Sig X5. $250 shipped in US.

How in the haaayeck did you find that?.....well, I was totally on board until it said "Tiff Blue".....two and half C notes later would sting for that color combo.....But I sincerely thank you for finding that....

Roberts posts on his Facebook page if he has wrong or incorrect color combos. Honestly the carbon black outer layer over the tiff blue inner layer is not too noticeable.

Of course I got one fo the last Level 2 X-Five holsters he made Orange outer over Pontus Kyptek inner.

6 minutes ago, bossgvr4 said:

Roberts posts on his Facebook page if he has wrong or incorrect color combos. Honestly the carbon black outer layer over the tiff blue inner layer is not too noticeable.

Of course I got one fo the last Level 2 X-Five holsters he made Orange outer over Pontus Kyptek inner.

I bet that looks "Sick".....I will find him on Fbook and check into the Tiff/Black one.....I do not necessarily need the mag pouches but I may just buy an additional belt dedicated to the X-five......thanks for the info, much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

The X5 is likely going to be my primary CO pistol for years to come.  Waiting a month to get a great holster is no big deal.  I chose red inside black carbon.  And then I bought a red CR Speed belt and red Versa Mag pouches with red Arrendondo belt keeper (from benstoeger.com).  I think it'll look hot!  I'm considering red Springer Precision grip tape, too...

• 4 months later...

To piggyback on this thread, I have an X5 with a Blade Tech belt, CompTac holster and Black Scorpion mag pouches. I’m pretty new and grabbed what was available. I don’t really have any complaints at this point, but I also understand that I don’t know what I don’t know. I’ve been looking at the RHT holsters and DAA belts and mag holders. My question - is it worth the upgrade? I have no doubt that they are superior products, but is it a big enough upgrade to replace a fairly new setup? 

3 hours ago, Bryamill said:

To piggyback on this thread, I have an X5 with a Blade Tech belt, CompTac holster and Black Scorpion mag pouches. I’m pretty new and grabbed what was available. I don’t really have any complaints at this point, but I also understand that I don’t know what I don’t know. I’ve been looking at the RHT holsters and DAA belts and mag holders. My question - is it worth the upgrade? I have no doubt that they are superior products, but is it a big enough upgrade to replace a fairly new setup? 

Is the upgrade worth it? For me , yes it was for the belt. My first belt was a Shooters Connection competition belt. It was stiff and I used it with my X5 on a Comp tac holster, BOSS hanger and Black scorpion mag pouches. This setup was great for the X5. However, when I got my CZ shadow 2 and mounted my holster and Ghost 360 mag pouches on the Shooeter Connection belt, the outer belt wasn’t supporting the weight of the Shadow 2 as good as I want it to be. This is when I decided to buy the Double Alpha Premium belt and set it up for the Shadow 2. The Double Alpha outer belt is very stiff. It stiffer than the Shooters Connection belt I’m using with the X5.

you don’t need to replace what you have right now. Unless you need another setup like I did, then that’s when you’ll buy a better setup. Right now, I’m on week two of my one month wait for my TSO holster from RHT.

Double Alpha belt

C8_F73_D52-793_E-48_E1-91_F7-5114_F7_F81

Shooters Connection belt

3_F025500-0_B53-4928-_B0_B0-0_BD3_E9_CE9

16 minutes ago, mwx40x40 said:

Are those stainless tension screws? If so, where did you get them.

Yes, they are stainless. They came with the holster as an option when I bought it from Ben Stoegers website. They’re $5 each. Since then, I bought the brass ones from Home Depot for $1.36 for a pack of three. They’re 8-32 x 5/8”.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guy's 

I've dropped the hammer on an X5 full size grip module to run my RX full size on, currently using a Comptac international for the 320 RX. Can anyone foresee any issues with the X5 grip in that particular holster?  

6 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Hi Guy's 

I've dropped the hammer on an X5 full size grip module to run my RX full size on, currently using a Comptac international for the 320 RX. Can anyone foresee any issues with the X5 grip in that particular holster?  

I had been using mine with my X5 for a year now without any problems at all. 

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, theblacklabel18 said:

Comp-tac makes a quality product, as well as bladetech. But nothing beats a double-layered RHT holster IMO. Have it mounted on a BOSS or some other very stable hanger and there will be zero hangups. Best of luck with the new blaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed on both counts. I started with a Comp-Tac for my full size P320 in production, mainly because I didn't know about other holster makers like RHT. But the Comp-Tac couldn't handle my extended mag release for my P226 so I had to find an alternative, which is when I found RHT. Won't go back to anyone now that I have experience with the product and the people.

Agreed on both counts. I started with a Comp-Tac for my full size P320 in production, mainly because I didn't know about other holster makers like RHT. But the Comp-Tac couldn't handle my extended mag release for my P226 so I had to find an alternative, which is when I found RHT. Won't go back to anyone now that I have experience with the product and the people.

I wasn’t sold on the double layer idea until I saw them at area 8. No flex, no snag, exactly what I wanted. I’m faster out of one of them than any race holster I ever tried, especially with the BOSS mount holding everything in place. Now I’m a lifer for RHT lol.

2 minutes ago, theblacklabel18 said:

I wasn’t sold on the double layer idea until I saw them at area 8. No flex, no snag, exactly what I wanted. I’m faster out of one of them than any race holster I ever tried, especially with the BOSS mount holding everything in place. Now I’m a lifer for RHT lol.

I've been using Springer drops up to this point and they work great. I did get a BOSS hanger system to try them out now too with my X5 RHT holster. So we'll see how I like them. They seem to be more stable than the Springer's (which are fine drop hangers). But yes, the double layer holster has proven faster than race holsters for several people I know who used to use those type of holsters and are now using RHT. Plus I like being able to customize to my personality.

I've been using Springer drops up to this point and they work great. I did get a BOSS hanger system to try them out now too with my X5 RHT holster. So we'll see how I like them. They seem to be more stable than the Springer's (which are fine drop hangers). But yes, the double layer holster has proven faster than race holsters for several people I know who used to use those type of holsters and are now using RHT. Plus I like being able to customize to my personality.

I ran springer single stack hangers for both ss and limited at nationals last year since it was back to back and wanted to keep everything identical on the belt. Worked awesome for the ss, but the limited gun was a tad heavy for it. Still worked, but wasn’t stiff enough for my liking. Quality machining though on springer’s part

1 hour ago, theblacklabel18 said:

I ran springer single stack hangers for both ss and limited at nationals last year since it was back to back and wanted to keep everything identical on the belt. Worked awesome for the ss, but the limited gun was a tad heavy for it. Still worked, but wasn’t stiff enough for my liking. Quality machining though on springer’s part

I agree that although the Springer is a top quality hanger, for the longer pistols it can "tilt" a bit. I noticed that even my P226 slants slightly inward at the bottom end of the holster. So it's like my pistol is pointing at my ankle instead of the ground next to me. Hopefully the BOSS fixes that since it has that longer body.

The Springer SS works great since the pistol has to be at a different position, so like you mention it worked for you. I love Springers stuff, but I may be going the way of BOSS for my hangers going forward if it works as I expect it to (except SS, which I'll keep my Springer for).