Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 SC: New Brass Case Lube?

RileyLV

It will allow the press to operate more smoothly.   Just throw them in a tumbler with media that has a touch of Dillon Case Polish included.  Run for 30 minutes and you'll be fine.

4 hours ago, HI5-O said:

For new brass I don’t use case lube. Try a few with and without and you decide. 

I tried a few and didn't have any issues so I was wondering if (in the case of no issues) it was still a good idea to use lube.

I place brass into a plastic tub and hit it with a spray on One Shot case lube. Then mix up the brass and pour it into my case feeder. Everything runs smooth after that and I've had no issues with it.

I place brass into a plastic tub and hit it with a spray on One Shot case lube. Then mix up the brass and pour it into my case feeder. Everything runs smooth after that and I've had no issues with it.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, Mikeski said:

I also find that I get a more consistent OAL when the cases are lubed vs not lubed