Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lighting for Dillon XL650

A one minute search on Amazon brought up this result https://www.amazon.com/Excelvan-Waterproof-Flexible-Battery-powered-Controller/dp/B01B429OSG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505835389&sr=8-1&keywords=led+light+strips+battery+powered which looks like a nice, low cost alternative if you need more lighting.  Personally I just use an old desk lamp that I have clamped to a shelf behind my press.  It isn't very fancy but it works really well.

I have the Inline center hole light on my D550.  It is plenty.

I have the Inline kit for the 1050.  The hole light is fair, but the sticky strip would not adhere to the underside of the toolhead, no matter how well degreased.  It is now stuck to the case feeder post where it sheds enough light to be of some use.

If I get another 1050,  it will get the Starlight, but I don't think it is $50 improvement over the Inline already in place. 

29 minutes ago, Kpj313 said:

The benefit of the UFO lighting is it's not mounted on the tool head, it's on the press itself. If I went with another product I would have to buy 3 or 4 for the different calibers...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Exactly, this is why I went with the UFO light!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:25 AM, Sarge said:

Reloading Innovations has the best customer service I have seen in the industry. Great product and great people

Sarge, this has also been my experience with this company. Wonderful customer service!

I don't have a Dillon, but a Hornady LnL, but I was looking for light options for it.  I originally had the Inline Skylight for it and it just wasn't enough and didn't work all that well to me.  I had the center light in and the side light strip as well.  Upon seeing the KMS Squared UFO light listed here for the Dillon, I checked out their website to see if they made one for the Hornady, which they do.  So, I ended up purchasing it.  It is 550 lumens.  I completely blows the Inline Skylight away.  I couldn't even tell the Skylight was on after I installed the UFO light.  I'm very, very happy with the UFO light.  I'm sure it would work just as well on the Dillon presses, so I would recommend it or at least to look into it if you are looking for super bright lighting for your press.  I couldn't be happier and it was actually cheaper than the other lighting options, so it was the best of both worlds.  No complaints here.  Very nicely made and works awesome.

Extremely pleased with the Reloading Innovations Starlight for the 1050. Super bright, Pretty easy to install and quality product. The only complaint I have about it is the short cord. 9/10

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the UFO and the lighting was awesome.  Then I had a double feed and the top of the extra case cut the light in half.  I emailed customer service on a Sunday, and received a answer a few hours later.  They gave me a new light and all I had to do was cover $3.00 for shipping.