Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Area-1 Championship

If you don't think it's PC, maybe you could bring it up with them at the match.

No, it's cool. I guess it just caught me off guard. When I was in school the slow kids went to the retarded class. Then at some point it became special education, or something like that. Now, as far as I've heard, all kids are together in the same room because everyone's got the own special needs. I just thought "retarded" was a bad word these days since I personally don't hear it used much in a public setting. Now I'm the one feeling like a retard. Anyway, I am glad we'll be supporting their organization.

splashdown

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any place to park a RV near the range?

There's a place in King City(just south of Tigard) on Highway 99W called Roamers Rest RV Park. The phone umber for the place is 503-692-6350. If you are from out of town you can call 1-8774RV PARK.

The camp site at the range is totally unimproved and has been by the scouts most lately. Don't know if the club will allow camping there or not.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

Area 1 Championship

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to take a few posts but here are the Area 1 Sponsors. We have about $90,000.00 worth of product that we're giving away at the match. If you haven't signed up yet, get to it.

Match Sponsors

Electronic Shooters Protection

Gerber Legendary Blades

Howard Leight

I-Shot

Schuemann Barrels

Springfield Armory

Smith and Wesson

Staff Match Sponsors

Blackwater Targets

Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Heckler & Koch

Unique-Tek

Division Sponsors

Open

M2i Custom Tactical

Montana Gold Bullet

Limited

DPMS

SKB Cases

Limited 10

Oakley

POF-USA

Production

Beretta

Blackhawk

Single Stack

Action Target

Nighthawk Custom

Revolver

Militec-1

I'll try to get the Stage Sponsors up later tonight.

Stage Sponsors:

Aimoint, AlumaGrips, Arredondo, Black Hills Ammunition, Blade Tech, Blue Wonder, Briley, Brownell's, C-More, Competetive Edge Dynamics, CZ-USA, EGW, Glock, Gram's Engineering, Insights Training Center, Kaltron Pettibone, Kramer Handgun Leather, Limcat Custom, Major Nyne Guns, Mike Gibson Manufacturing, Millenium Custom, Nowlin Guns, Oakley, Precision Delta, Pro-Tech Inc., Western Powders, R and R Racing, Safariland, Speed Shooters International, Sportsmans Warehouse, SureFire, Tac Pro Shooting Center, Techwear, TruGrip USA and XS Sight Systems.

Special Event Sponsors:

Action Motor Sports, Advanced Performance Shooting, Atlanta Arms and Ammunition, Capital City Firearms, Charles Daly, Chris Patty's Winning Shooting Accessories, Competition Shooting Sports, Crimson Trace, First-Light USA, Galati International, Galco Gunleather, Hardigg Cases, Hi-Viz Shooting Systems, Hogue, H-S Precision, Insight Technology, ISMI, Limbsaver, LRI, Marvel Precision, Novak's Handgunner Outlet, Otis, Para-Ordnance, Revision Military, Rugged Gear, Sierra, CCI/Speer, Starline, ST Action Pro, Tactical Solutions, WaterShed, and Wiley X.

Match Contributors:

Alco Targets, Anderson Tactical, Bagmaster, Bar-Sto, Benchmade Knives, Bianchi, Buck Knives, Bushmaster, Caspian, Cavalry Arms, Choate Machine & Toll, Christy Nelson, Decot Hy-Wyd, Desantis Holster & Leather Goods, Detonics, Devtron ScopeCoat, EO-Tech, Gemini Custom, Harris Bi-Pods, Hornady, Leupold, Lone Wolf Distributing, Mag-Na-Port, Bob Marvel Custom Pistols, Midway, Oregon Freeze Dry, Nosler, Original Swat, Olympic Arms, Pelican, Pepsi, Precision Bullets, Progressive Machine & Tool, Redding Reloading, Robar, Silencio, Shooting Chrony, SPA Shooter's Depot, Starlight Cases, Streamlight, Techplate, Tyler Firearms Instruction, VZ Grips, Warne Scope Mounts, Wilson Combat, Woodland Industries, W. Waller and Son, Zero Bullet Company.

Any place to park a RV near the range?

There's a place in King City(just south of Tigard) on Highway 99W called Roamers Rest RV Park. The phone umber for the place is 503-692-6350. If you are from out of town you can call 1-8774RV PARK.

The camp site at the range is totally unimproved and has been by the scouts most lately. Don't know if the club will allow camping there or not.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

Area 1 Championship

If any of you are still interested in camping at the range the club will allow totally self contained RV's to camp just inside the main gate in an area to the south of the 50 yd "bullseye" Pistol Range. Pull through the main gate and go left, then left again before the next road gate.

Tom Chambers

Just wanted to make a special sponsor note. When I originally spoke to Cavalry Arms we were just trying to get a couple sets of AR furniture. I got the package today. They really went overboard and sent a lot of really cool stuff including a certificate for a Cav Arms lower. Unfortunately our match booklet is already complete and going to the printer so I can't change it in the book. But I can at least change it here. Cavalry Arms is also a Stage Sponsor for the Area 1 Championship. Thanks guys, we really appreciate it.

Chuck, Everett, and Tom,

Thanks for the hard work you guys are putting into the match. I am looking forward to it.

On another note I was testing the interest in any BEr's who might be interested in sharing a room. There are three people in our group and it would be great if we could find a fourth to split costs on rooms. Let me know if you would consider it.

Thanks, Craig

I registered very late, and would like to thank Everett for taking my application. (I didn't know whether I could schedule the vacation time or not.)

:)

We need to venture up to the Lucky Lab or the Kennedy School while we're there. The bras on the ceiling at Wankers are only entertaining for so long....

We need to venture up to the Lucky Lab or the Kennedy School while we're there. The bras on the ceiling at Wankers are only entertaining for so long....

Click Here (sound on)

What's wankers? What's Lucky Lab? What's a bra? :)

Me amigo's and I will NEED a good source of IPA (of at least 95 IBU's). Let's talk after-hours stuff....

Did I hear about bar that is some sort of Safari exhibit also? The "Safari Room" ?

Perhaps I should Google...

Edited by TDean

I think the Safari Room is just down the road in Milwaukee.

And Dear God Tom! Portland is the home of Bridgeport Brewing - mothership of that dry-hopped nectar of the Gods. If we must venture north and seek it out, oh well, you do what you have to do to get through the day... :)

The Lucky Lab is a bar that allows dogs. They have a huge patio and it's a regular canine fiesta out there. Too bad the Zu will be staying home. :(

As for the bra, you're a big boy now and you should know how to pop the various available fasteners. Put those GM skills to work fella!