Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Area-1 Championship

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tentatively it will be Fri-Sun Jun 16-18. The match director is just waiting for the final OK from the club before changing the dates on the USPSA site. Hopefully it should be firmed up in the next week or two.

Aaaaaah, great - 29th anniversary is on the 17th...

Y'all have fun for me...I'll be elsewhere, ahem, "investing" for the future venues... :unsure:

It's official now. The 2006 Area 1 Pistol match will be held at Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood Oregon on June 16-18. Registration will be on the 15th and the location will be announced later. For those of you that haven't been to Tri-County lately we expanded the range this summer and now have 14 bays available.

It's official now. The 2006 Area 1 Pistol match will be held at Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood Oregon on June 16-18. Registration will be on the 15th and the location will be announced later. For those of you that haven't been to Tri-County lately we expanded the range this summer and now have 14 bays available.

where's sherwood? planning on retiring up there in 4 years. i'll be at the A1 fer sure...

Sherwood is located just south of Portland off of I-5. It's about 1/2 hour from the Portland Airport. Plenty of places to eat and stay near the range. The nearest hotel is only about 5 minutes away.

We're planning some changes to the format of Area 1 this year based on suggestions from the last few years. I'll post some more info as soon as details are finalized.

Club website is www.tcgc.org Unfortunately we don't have pictures up yet.

Edited by Lawman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a clue as to what type of stages this club is known for? (i.e. mostly field courses; mostly stand and shoot short courses; mostly speed shoots....)

Will it be like a big club match?

:ph34r:

barry B)

Hey Barry,

I think we have 13 bays now. There are about 5 new bays that are short and shallow as you drive in. Those (and the older bays that vary in size) will probably be used for the stand and shoot. We also have 4 huge bays that are probably (taking a guess here) 50-60 yards deep and probably 30-40 yards wide. I heard that they are planning on extending those bays another 10-20 yards deeper for even more flexibility on stage design. (I'll be practicing today so I'll try to walk off the dimensions to give you some more accurate numbers. )

In terms of the stage designs themselves, I have no clue there but the designers should not be limited by the confines of the facility itself.

Kewl, thanks Al.

Will try to make it there, just wanted to find out ahead of time if the stages would be worth it. Just didn't want to feel like I was shooting at a big "club match" like previously at another range.

Hope to make it, so far cheapest r/t airfare is about $670.00 plus tax and fees which would put it in the $700 range.

Thanks again,

Barry B)

It won't feel like a club match. The MD/RM are the same crew that put on the 2002/2003 Nationals, and 2003 Area 1 in Bend. The range is new, we have 14 bays, although we won't use all of them for this match. It's shaping up to be about 12 stages, plus chrono. We'll probably put a couple of speed shoots in the mix, as well as some long field courses.

Kewl, thanks Al.

Will try to make it there, just wanted to find out ahead of time if the stages would be worth it. Just didn't want to feel like I was shooting at a big "club match" like previously at another range.

Hope to make it, so far cheapest r/t airfare is about $670.00 plus tax and fees which would put it in the $700 range.

Thanks again,

Barry B)

Dang. I guess I got lucky with my plane ticket to Maui. My g/f and I paid about $840 altogether. Must be the time of year.

I went out to practice but there were a lot of LEO's out there and I couldn't walk off the dimensions of the larger bays. Just trust me when I say that the designers might have trouble using all of the larger bays.

I'm really looking forward to the match this year. I've never shot at Tri-County but I've heard its a really nice range. Last years match in Missoula was great...so the folks at Tri-County are going to have some big shoes to try and fill.

Will non-Area 1 shooters get to sign-up for the match at the same time, or will we have to wait a little?

Want to make it but would also like to shoot it ;)

I know you said more info coming later but want to nail down my flight soon as I'm using miles.

barry B)

Edited by HI5-O

Will non-Area 1 shooters get to sign-up for the match, or will we have to wait a little?

Want to make it but would also like to shoot it ;)

barry B)

Just shot a match out there today. There was an announcement and all area 1 shooters will get a shot at signing up before anyone else out of the area. I can't remember if the sign up for everyone will be Feb 1 or March 1. Someone with a better memory will hopefully chime in.

Al

Thanks Al, you're up pretty late ;)

I think I'll chance 'um and come up

barry B)

I'm still on Maui time. Haven't started my new job yet and I'm naturally a night person anyway. Look forward to seeing you here.

Al

I doubt that we will turn anyone away, especially not if you're coming all the way from Hawaii. The application should be in the Jan/Feb issue of Front Sight. Area 1 member only registration will be till Feb 1. After that it's open to everyone. We're going to do some cash payouts to the division winners at least and a prize table by random drawing. When your number gets called, you get to pick whatever you want from the table. We're also going to have a huge vendor area. We're hoping to get lots of folks there selling lots of stuff : ) We've also got some other cool stuff in the works but it's still in the planning stages. More updates as soon as we know.

Alright, made my flight arrangements and can't back out now. Don't change the dates okay :unsure:

What is the weather usually like during this time of year? As you know, all we get is sunshine and warm weather year round B)

See ya all there.

Aloha,

barry B)

I promise no more date changes. So you know when it's advertised though it will say the 14-18. This is just for the staff match. Normal shooting will be the 16-18. Weather is a big question. I've seen anything from heavy rain to 80 degree weather here that time of year. It's definitely going to neceassary to check the weather before flying up. But I'm pretty sure we won't have snow like the 2003 Area 1 in Bend.

I promise no more date changes. So you know when it's advertised though it will say the 14-18. This is just for the staff match. Normal shooting will be the 16-18. Weather is a big question. I've seen anything from heavy rain to 80 degree weather here that time of year. It's definitely going to neceassary to check the weather before flying up. But I'm pretty sure we won't have snow like the 2003 Area 1 in Bend.

Lawman,

Save me a spot please :D

Didn't shoot in the snow.......what's snow :huh::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks,

barry B)

• 4 weeks later...