Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Wife And Jake Di Vita

{excerpt from a memory transcript while driving my wife to work}

One of the guys on the board is trying to do a three second El Prez.,

And..

You don't understand, Jake's trying to push the limits of what the body can do. You have to start with your hands...

I know the turnie thing with your hands in the air. Why cant you do it in three seconds?

YEA RIGHT! I'm not a GM.

Is jake a GM?

Yea, he also practices 5 hours a day.

Why don't you practice 5 hours a day?

That's a good question.

You don't excersize enough.

I know.

Does Jake excersize?

I'm sure he does.

You need to loose your belly. Does Jake have a belly?

No.

I'd like to meet this Jake...

{end of recording}

Moral of the story;

Talking about younger more fit talented men to your wife is just asking for trouble and keep Jake Di Vita away from your wives.

As far as keeping Jake away from our wives, mine would not care if any IPSC shooter achieved a sub 2 El Pres, was a GM, or GM ++++, gut, no gut, or what they looked like. She's told me before that she would never marry another IPSC shooter or any other kind of shooter for that matter. It's one of those things that she says, "Go play whatever game you like, just make sure you come home."

She hates the shooting thing. She's doesnt care if I do, but she has ZERO interest in trying herself, that's why I don't push her to come out.

Mine used to be that way...guns...what a bore. Then she came along with me to a Man-on-Man steel event a few weeks ago. I told her it was a good spectator sport and, being bored, she came along.

On the way home she starts talking about how she needs to start practicing because she thinks she can take some of those guys and gals. Had her doing some dry fire with my Para the other night. Then she wanted to try the Brazos.

Oh crap...

If this sticks I'll be calling Bob for another blaster. :D:lol:

As far as keeping Jake away from our wives, mine would not care if any IPSC shooter achieved a sub 2 El Pres, was a GM, or GM ++++, gut, no gut, or what they looked like. She's told me before that she would never marry another IPSC shooter or any other kind of shooter for that matter. It's one of those things that she says, "Go play whatever game you like, just make sure you come home."

She hates the shooting thing. She's doesnt care if I do, but she has ZERO interest in trying herself, that's why I don't push her to come out.

Kevin,

If it's any consolation, Alex is happy that I shoot. He just doesn't especially like buying two of everything. :D

L