Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 safety on Tactical Sport

muncie21

1 hour ago, RevolverJockey said:

Having seen both in hand recently, I am not sure what the fuss is with the new Orange. Escpecially with the prices people are offloading the original tuned up TS for. Has anyone noticed their example to be that much of an improvement? Also, would this wider safety fit the orIginal TS?

Lee

I dont understand it either, but I just bought a tuned up TS, so it works out for me!

Yeah, quite a few people on here are saying that the Shadow 2 safety is fitting their TS. I can't personally attest to this, as I am waiting for the safeties to come back into stock.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, RevolverJockey said:

Having seen both in hand recently, I am not sure what the fuss is with the new Orange. Escpecially with the prices people are offloading the original tuned up TS for. Has anyone noticed their example to be that much of an improvement? Also, would this wider safety fit the orIginal TS?

Lee

I'm not sure I'd sell a worked over TS to buy a TSO but I sure wouldn't buy a TS and upgrade it instead of buying a TSO. The TSO is an excellent value compared to all of the custom work it would take to turn your TS into something similar to a TSO. A used TS with all of the work may be a good value too but I'd still rather have a TSO all things being equal.

14 hours ago, 858 said:

I'm not sure I'd sell a worked over TS to buy a TSO but I sure wouldn't buy a TS and upgrade it instead of buying a TSO. The TSO is an excellent value compared to all of the custom work it would take to turn your TS into something similar to a TSO. A used TS with all of the work may be a good value too but I'd still rather have a TSO all things being equal.

I would agree with this having held but not shot a TSO - this depends on what kind of deal you can get on a TS. I just got a great deal from a member on the forum and think I could probably be quite near a TSO before I got anywhere near the price. Everything except the orange. Lol. 

On the safety, is it the 10226 or 10226 you guys are referring to as the wide shadow 2 safety?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Just joined the forums although I have been coming here and getting info for awhile. After reading this thread, I got a shadow 2 wide safety to put on my tactical sport orange. I am having trouble with the fit. It seems to me that the part in the pic that I have arrows pointing to has a little too much material to fit through the hole on the left side of the gun. It will go through if I put it through at an angle and didn't need it go straight across to the other side. I would also have the let the whole assembly shift out of place.  It seems as if it is just barely catching the hole. Can I grind a little bit of this off? Hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any info.

465423250012-1.png.0ab66dbf4e06e241a9fe220ea006e1de.png

19 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Hello everyone. Just joined the forums although I have been coming here and getting info for awhile. After reading this thread, I got a shadow 2 wide safety to put on my tactical sport orange. I am having trouble with the fit. It seems to me that the part in the pic that I have arrows pointing to has a little too much material to fit through the hole on the left side of the gun. It will go through if I put it through at an angle and didn't need it go straight across to the other side. I would also have the let the whole assembly shift out of place.  It seems as if it is just barely catching the hole. Can I grind a little bit of this off? Hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any info.

465423250012-1.png.0ab66dbf4e06e241a9fe220ea006e1de.png

Try removing the sear cage, just to ensure there's nothing else in the way of it going in. Also, as I recall, there's a spring that you lift up as you're sliding the safety in. Can't remember if it's part of the sear cage assembly (and therefore will not be in the way when you test fit without the sear cage) or not.  

Can you take a picture of the safety installed as far as it will go, ideally from top & side with good lighting.

I got it to fit. I must have not been holding my mouth correctly. ? I thought it was getting hung up on the frame because I couldn't push it through. I think it was because I needed to push in the safety detent (I think that is what you call it) to get the safety to slide in the whole way. Thanks for the replies.

My S2 safety showed up while I was gone and I finally had a chance to install it. It went in without any unusual effort and was completely drop in. It's a big improvement over the stock safety. It took a little too much effort to push down the standard TS safety. 

On 9/13/2017 at 7:59 PM, muncie21 said:

Glad you were able to get it to fit.  Take it for a test drive and let us know how it feels.

I shot it about 100 rounds today and everything is good. B)

Edited by BLUEPSTU

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm giving up on waiting for the shadow 2 safety set to come back into stock on cz usa.
Anyone know if you can install the CGW shadow 2 extended safety on the left side and use the original CZ TS safety on the right hand side?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Coctomus said:

Anyone know if you can install the CGW shadow 2 extended safety on the left side and use the original CZ TS safety on the right hand side?

Don't see why it wouldn't fit.  The 'D' shaped shaft from the left side safety is all the interacts/connects with the right side.

I think I'm giving up on waiting for the shadow 2 safety set to come back into stock on cz usa.

I have not seen that one. Which part number are you looking at on CGW?.

2 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:
12 hours ago, Coctomus said:

I have not seen that one. Which part number are you looking at on CGW?.

I'm talking about 01606LH.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/01606-left-hand-safety-for-tactical-sport/

6 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Don't see why it wouldn't fit.  The 'D' shaped shaft from the left side safety is all the interacts/connects with the right side.

Cool, just making sure before I pull the trigger. 
I will just grind down my stock right hand side of my safety to try and match the other side as best I can. 

I will post my results in a new thread. 

I put the Shadow 2 safety on the left and kept the right side of the TS safety so I can use either hand in a weak hand only stage.  Haven't had a chance to see how that will affect it fitting in the IPSC box though so may need to dump the TS right side.

I put the Shadow 2 safety on the left and kept the right side of the TS safety so I can use either hand in a weak hand only stage.  Haven't had a chance to see how that will affect it fitting in the IPSC box though so may need to dump the TS right side.
This is exactly what I was hoping someone on here did!
I'm still for grinding down the right hand side stock TS safety, and I will just struggle a little more in weak hand. The safety still touches my hand, and has accidently been actuated in my 1st match with my new TS.

It fits the box fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I've been waiting for months for CZ USA to get the Shadow2 safeties back in stock. Last week I got a email from them saying they were in. I immediately ordered 2 sets. Im glad I did, they were out of stock a couple day later. I got them yesterday, and installed the new left safety on both of my Tactical Sports. I kept the stock right safety on both, easier for weak hand operation. These new Shadow2 safeties are great. It moves the safety up higher. My left thumb knuckle used to hit the stock left safety causing discomfort and occasionally accidental safety activation during a stage.