Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS or TS Orange for .40 limited

muncie21

I ended up getting a TSO .40 from a local USPSA guy I squad with from time to time.  Spent some time getting used to that fantastic trigger before I take it to a match.

Doesn't look much (any?) different than your run of the mill TSO, however this one is mine and so far I'm lovin'it.

P.S. you will notice that i removed the thumb rest as I didn't like how if impacted by grip.  I may revisit that decision at a later date.  Also looking to add the wide safety, similar to the package shelf that the Grand Power Xcal gives you.  When shooting my Xcal, my thumb rests on top of the safety, preventing unintentional  actuation which I've encountered a few times with the TSO.

IMG_0056_zpsfxqys62m.jpg

15 hours ago, wingnut said:

What base pades and spring are you useing. 

The base pads are CZ custom.  Not sure about the springs, as I'm using what was in them when I bought the setup, used.  I'll be replacing them with CZ +10% in the future.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, JGus said:

I've got both a TS and TSO. Both in 40.

I picked up my TS NIB for about $1000, and then added an adjustable rear and new fiber optic front.  Picked up my TSO for about $1600.

I think with the upgrades that come with  the TSO over the TS, it's worth the additional money.  TSO comes with better magwell, better front strap checkering, adjustable rear, narrow fiber front, thumb rest, better coating, competition hammer, optional sized safeties, seems to be a little more undercut on trigger guard. You could add all that to your TS but it would probably put cost over or at what a TSO costs.  Just my thoughts.

I keep trying to upload pic's of both for comparison from Photobucket but it doesn't seem to be letting me.

[URL=http://s1109.photobucket.com/user/runningsaluki13/media/20170612_202739_zpsmne65lj5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h429/runningsaluki13/20170612_202739_zpsmne65lj5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s1109.photobucket.com/user/runningsaluki13/media/20170226_151428_zpsnwrs49jz.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h429/runningsaluki13/20170226_151428_zpsnwrs49jz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Let me see if I can insert these photos for you....  

20170612_202739_zpsmne65lj5.jpg

20170226_151428_zpsnwrs49jz.jpg

Wow!  It worked!  

Edited by Ken6PPC
It worked!

JGus, I copied the link from Photobucket called "Direct", and then clicked on "Insert other media" in the reply box on this forum.  I pasted the direct address from Photobucket into "Insert image from URL", and it worked!  

9 hours ago, Ken6PPC said:

JGus, I copied the link from Photobucket called "Direct", and then clicked on "Insert other media" in the reply box on this forum.  I pasted the direct address from Photobucket into "Insert image from URL", and it worked!  

I'll try that in future posts with pics. Thanks for info.

On 7/2/2017 at 10:17 PM, Ken6PPC said:

Thanks for the tip ! Been trying to figure out for the longest how to insert images... so here is an image of my TSO that I've added the CZC oversized safety and an aftermarket thumbrest for it from IPSCALEX 

jHYQtC.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 7/3/2017 at 11:40 PM, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

Thanks for the tip ! Been trying to figure out for the longest how to insert images... so here is an image of my TSO that I've added the CZC oversized safety and an aftermarket thumbrest for it from IPSCALEX 

jHYQtC.jpg

Ive debated getting this thumb rest or one of the Double Alpha ones. They make the DAA in a regular width similar but maybe a little less wide as this, and then a new slimmer version. How do you feel about this one?

2 hours ago, hurley326 said:

Ive debated getting this thumb rest or one of the Double Alpha ones. They make the DAA in a regular width similar but maybe a little less wide as this, and then a new slimmer version. How do you feel about this one?

I like it alot, fits my thumb perfect with a slight bit of extra width for in case your thumb isn't positioned perfectly on it

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

I got a Orange to shoot limited because of the thumbrest, tight fitting of slide/barrel, and the grip geometry and checkering .

The factory thumbrest sucks, so I upgraded mine to an aftermarket one for the czechmate from IPSCALEX

Also, I got mine for $1,630 or so from CZC

Did the thumb rest drop right into your TSO? Curious here because I wanted a better one than the factory. I agree that the factory one is too small.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, rlrock said:

Did the thumb rest drop right into your TSO? Curious here because I wanted a better one than the factory. I agree that the factory one is too small.

Thanks.

They bolt right on but they are not a direct fit. I had to relieve the back of mine because the thumb rest contacts an edge of the frame and prevents flat mounting.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:40 PM, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

jHYQtC.jpg

Is the frame around your thumb rest holes flush or is the frame cut?  I'm running a czc .40 upper on my Czechmate, but the Czechmate has the frame cut for the optic mount.  I'm looking for a thumbrest that mirrors the optic mount frame cut.

Ergos will tilt the scales in favor of one gun or the other. I prefer a TS with a plastic magwell and factory safety and Lok Grips to a TSO with an aluminum magwell because of my big hands. 

14 hours ago, Tc2415 said:

Is the frame around your thumb rest holes flush or is the frame cut?  I'm running a czc .40 upper on my Czechmate, but the Czechmate has the frame cut for the optic mount.  I'm looking for a thumbrest that mirrors the optic mount frame cut.

Cuts frame, so I put some paper gasket type washers there ....been solid for 9k rounds since .

16 hours ago, rlrock said:

Thanks.

If you mean drop right into where the frame outlines for the factory. Then no...I fixed the issue with just 2 paper gasket type washers per screw .

If anyone wants to buy an IPSCAlex rest, send me an IM with an offer. CZ's hand model must have been my long lost twin, the factory rest is in the perfect location for my hands. The rest includes the shortened TSO screws and is relieved for the frame.

edit: The rest has a new home.

Edited by 858