Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is major falling out of favor in Limited

Majja

18 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

In singlestack it's a much more interesting discussion, with real trade-offs and decisions, instead of just the butthurt of 3 gun pansies that can't shoot accurately AND can't handle major recoil. In uspsa you have to choose one; hose and have fewer rounds, or be a bit more precise and have more rounds. It is what makes uspsa shooters more sophisticated and attractive and gets us all the hot chicks. :cheers:

You and the statistics guy do a fine job of dragging the sophistication level down to Glocktalk quality.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jeff226 said:

You and the statistics guy do a fine job of dragging the sophistication level down to Glocktalk quality.

It's not my fault. I majored in statistics and applied math. I can't help but poke fun at lame arguments. You are a nice guy and I would love to buy you a beer (or share one of my excellent homebrews with you),  but nothing you have said in defense of 3-gun silliness makes any sense, which is why no one else except the other 1 newb per quarter is saying anything similar. I'm sorry you don't like 40. shoot one of the every other divisions that favor 9mm and call it good yo.

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

I think another problem with Jeff's way of thinking is that he seems to be assuming that buying new guns is a bad thing. 

And it's even more ridiculous when you factor in that his thinking contradicts his own experience.   Jeff thinks the need to own a .40 to compete in Limited is keeping people out of USPSA and hurting Limited.  Meanwhile, he  provides an argument  that claims that Production shooters and new shooters readily and happily buy .40 pistols to compete in Limited.  Genius.

9 hours ago, Jeff226 said:

do you even talk to people at matches?

I have lost track of how many production or new shooters try limited, finish near the bottom, we explain the major scoring advanatge, and they come back with a 40 and better results.

Just now, motosapiens said:

It's not my fault. I majored in statistics and applied math. I can't help but poke fun at lame arguments. You are a nice guy and I would love to buy you a beer (or share one of my excellent homebrews with you),  but nothing you have said in defense of 3-gun silliness makes any sense, which is why no one else except the other 1 newb per quarter is saying anything similar. I'm sorry you don't like 40. shoot one of the every other divisions that favor 9mm and call it good yo.

I can't tell whether you are trying to perfect the forum troll routine or just have a hard time reading but you come off like all of the anti-trumper sjws who will twist and turn evey word just to create a controversy.  If you think I am defending 3 gun, can't shoot 40, or 95% of the other weird accusations you have made then I'd have to assume you have a terrible reading comprehension problem.  I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but you aren't giving me much to work with.  Maybe lay off the brew a few days :)

2 minutes ago, Jeff226 said:

I can't tell whether you are trying to perfect the forum troll routine or just have a hard time reading but you come off like all of the anti-trumper sjws who will twist and turn evey word just to create a controversy.  If you think I am defending 3 gun, can't shoot 40, or 95% of the other weird accusations you have made then I'd have to assume you have a terrible reading comprehension problem.  I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but you aren't giving me much to work with.  Maybe lay off the brew a few days :)

ok. so you are bad at math. That's cool. Most people are. It's funny that you misstate the political analogy when you are the one agitating for the state to negate the free market. Let's revisit the basic facts:

Most divisions favor 9mm.

Limited doesn't favor 9mm.

the most popular division is limited.

Draw your own conclusions, or ask someone who is good at math to help you draw a conclusion, but the bottom line is if you dont like 40, you have an azzload of other division options...... :cheers:

Edited by motosapiens

1 minute ago, IDescribe said:

And it's even more ridiculous when you factor in that his thinking contradicts his own experience.   Jeff thinks the need to own a .40 to compete in Limited is keeping people out of USPSA and hurting Limited.  ...

Yep, I started shooting USPSA last May with a 9mm in Limited. Once, I decided I liked it ordered an Infinity and bought a CZ TS in .40 to tide me over. Six months after that I found a reasonably priced (for CA) Edge in .40 that I can use as backup for the Infinity once it arrives (hopefully next month). So, about $14K later in guns and magazines I am committed to shooting .40 in Limited. 

No, having to shoot .40 to compete did not keep me from shooting Limited.

4 minutes ago, IDescribe said:

And it's even more ridiculous when you factor in that his thinking contradicts his own experience.   Jeff thinks the need to own a .40 to compete in Limited is keeping people out of USPSA and hurting Limited.  Meanwhile, he  provides an argument  that claims that Production shooters and new shooters readily and happily buy .40 pistols to compete in Limited.  Genius.

I assume you majored in statistics and mathematics also?

1 minute ago, motosapiens said:

and you contributed mightily to the US economy. Thank you for your patriotism!

And will contribute even more once I move out of CA and live by Lake Travis, TX in about 12 months.

Just now, tanks said:

And will contribute even more once I move out of CA and live by Lake Travis, TX in about 12 months.

I'm sorry that you have to live in texas (i was born there, so was my wife, so was my son, so was my step-mom and 1 brother), but it could be worse. At least you are man enough to shoot 40.

3 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

ok. so you are bad at math. That's cool. Most people are. It's funny that you misstate the political analogy when you are the one agitating for the state to negate the free market. Let's revisit the basic facts:

Most divisions favor 9mm.

Limited doesn't favor 9mm.

the most popular division is limited.

Draw your own conclusions, or ask someone who is good at math to help you draw a conclusion, but the bottom line is if you dont like 40, you have an azzload of other division options...... :cheers:

I am very good at math.  You are proving yourself to be a small picture/narrow focus kind of guy and that is typical for math prodigies/forum trolls.

So once again, I question your comprehension skills if you think I am advocating divisions that favor calibers...quite the opposite.

Just now, Jeff226 said:

I am very good at math.  You are proving yourself to be a small picture/narrow focus kind of guy and that is typical for math prodigies/forum trolls.

So once again, I question your comprehension skills if you think I am advocating divisions that favor calibers...quite the opposite.

Most people that are bad at math think they are good at math. I think we have proven otherwise already in this thread. 

to recap:

one (1) division out of 7 or so in uspsa favors .40.

that makes you sad.

bummer.

2 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

Most people that are bad at math think they are good at math. I think we have proven otherwise already in this thread. 

to recap:

one (1) division out of 7 or so in uspsa favors .40.

that makes you sad.

bummer.

I am glad you have it figured out and I will hang on to that tidbit while I wait and see if any thinking people post to the thread.

Just now, Jeff226 said:

I am glad you have it figured out and I will hang on to that tidbit while I wait and see if any thinking people post to the thread.

I see what you did there. I also am tempted to resort to ad-hominem attacks when I have been convincingly beaten from a logical standpoint. I don't blame you at all.

The bigger moral is that you probably shouldn't draw morals from the personal experience of one B shooter at a local match with such thin competition that he can finish 4th in production with a broken borrowed gun.  

Well I can only hope you are basing your plea for a new division on personal GM level testing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

I see what you did there. I also am tempted to resort to ad-hominem attacks when I have been convincingly beaten from a logical standpoint. I don't blame you at all.

This from the guy who said "bad at math", "sissies", "pansies", "noobs", "women and children", and the worst yet..."my ex-wife" in reaction to my proposed solution for the scoring imbalance?  You were "tempted"?

LOL!  Bravo!

1 minute ago, Jeff226 said:

This from the guy who said "bad at math", "sissies", "pansies", "noobs", "women and children", and the worst yet..."my ex-wife" in reaction to my proposed solution for the scoring imbalance?  You were "tempted"?

LOL!  Bravo!

I understand you have your own alternative facts. I'm cool with that. Use whichever restroom you identify with most.

But don't try to tell me there's a problem when there are 7 divisions in uspsa and the most popular one is the *only* one that doesn't either outright favor 9mm (open, CO, Pcc, revo) or make it a wash (prod, SS). 

Ok how about this data point.
Last world shoot, Eric G shooting a 9mm in Production would have won Standard against all the race guns in 40 scoring major.

One think to take into consideration is you can't just look at what someone's scores would have been if they shot minor to see what the difference is because a shooter shooting minor knows they are shooting minor and will likely emphasize accuracy differently than one shooting major.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

On 5/31/2017 at 11:10 AM, motosapiens said:

why wouldn't the sissies who can't handle 40 just shoot carry optics or production divisions

13 hours ago, motosapiens said:

we already have enough divisions for women and children.

12 hours ago, motosapiens said:

What difference does it make what caliber it is, or whether that caliber is popular among LEO's, neckbeards, or the general public?

10 hours ago, motosapiens said:

i think it's the quarterly 'noob wants to rewrite the rules to fit his particular gear/preferences' discussion.

10 hours ago, motosapiens said:

everyone except for 1 noob per quarter. ;)

4 hours ago, motosapiens said:

I think another problem with Jeff's way of thinking is that he seems to be assuming that buying new guns is a bad thing. Perhaps he is my ex-wife... 

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

instead of just the butthurt of 3 gun pansies that can't shoot accurately AND can't handle major recoil. 

45 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

ok. so you are bad at math.

35 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

Most people that are bad at math think they are good at math.

18 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

I understand you have your own alternative facts. I'm cool with that. Use whichever restroom you identify with most.

I will leave you with these facts alternative to your narrative.  You were slightly entertaining but I have most certainly wasted enough time catering to the troll.

6 hours ago, Jeff226 said:

I will leave you with these facts alternative to your narrative.  You were slightly entertaining but I have most certainly wasted enough time catering to the troll.

Huh, I sure misread this one, I had you pegged for the troll.  Good thing you pointed out my error with your quoting skillz.

Moto's not the troll.  He's not the pugilistic newbie on this forum who seems to want to fight with anyone who disagrees with him.  He's an established member who has definite opinions, certainly, and who can back them up with real data and experience.  He hasn't come to someone else's house and insult everyone.  

10 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Moto's not the troll.  He's not the pugilistic newbie on this forum who seems to want to fight with anyone who disagrees with him.  He's an established member who has definite opinions, certainly, and who can back them up with real data and experience.  He hasn't come to someone else's house and insult everyone.  

Forgot the "/sarcasm".

The examples given make no sense.  Newbie number 1 and newbie number 2 who both struggle to hit the A zone, give no.1 a major gun and suddenly his match results improve.

Is this because of some flawed advantage?  No, it just means his terrible shooting isn't such a penalty. 

Now no.2 goes out and practices, suddenly he is beating no.1 due to actually hitting the part of the target you're supposed to aim for.  So by Jeffs logic that means that minor is flawed and has too great an advantage over major right?