Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone tell me why we had a one and half hour hold up on stage 4,5,6 ?

Sure, the simple answer is three stages... six strings... 54 rounds... all running in the same timeslot as a normal stage. :wacko: [...] Coaching shooters about what the next string was (let's face it, this was somewhat confusing).... and shooters having to load mags on the line.... ;)

Magazine management was a problem for a lot of shooters on 4,5 & 6, necessitating extra reloads (some during the COF's :o ) and stuffing more rounds into dropped mags while changing positions. I'm not sure that requiring a minimum of 4 mags (smart shooters would want at least 5) with 18+ in each (the 10-round shooters would need nine mags) is a very good idea for fast stage management in general..

Flex,

I guess you just have to be squadded with him. He is a really class act. Very nice, helpful, just an all around nice guy.

Did I mention he went over that gate and landed like a feather? Wow!

Match fee was 125 dollars.

Liota

Very nice, helpful, just an all around nice guy.

I watched TJ on Stage 14 for a bit, so I'd also like to add:

He tapes and paints, too! B)

-Chet

As if no one else paints and tapes.

I agree he's a nice guy, but come on let's get real with the brown nosing.

Flex- Did Todd give a class at Area4? How come you weren't there, too busy on the forum. Hey Guys!!! Let's give Flax a new name, he is the man in this forum! He deserves some credit Horrah for Mr. 12000!!!!!

Your best bud,

Boo

I don't know for brown-nosing (butt sharkin'?), but speaking as a guy who as RO'ed quite a few supersquads over the last few years...having a top dawg who busts his butt taping, painting, and setting steel (all day, even) is quite refreshing. Some folks buy into the prima donna thing, and others just don't do that tape/reset thing in their own country.

I would assume that is where Chet was going :)

Alex

Anyone ever wonder if "Boo Davis" isn't AKA "sixx"????

XRE,

Not really sure what you mean by this but my AKA in high school was John Holmes, so that would be twelve not sixx.

Anyway, plumbing is becoming a hard business at my age. What do you do for a living? Maybe we can work together? Any help with this?

Sorry to get personal on you but you are the only person that talked about my high school AKA and it brought back memories.

You are a very nice guy and this forum needs more people like you!

Let's get together sometime with the other BE'rs at the pool.

Your best bud,

Big Boo

Just back in town from A4 and then a conference for work.

Let me congratulate the winners, well deserved!!

Let me thank the match staff - that was a heck of a match, surely the hardest I've ever shot. But that's a good thing.

Had fun, and can't wait till next time.

Derrick

Thanks to all the hard worker that put on this match. This was the hardest match I had ever shot also. Between winning the high crono contest (196.8 pf) and having my rear sight blade come off at the 50 yard standards, my performance sucked. I did hit the 50 yard target 3 times with no rear sight, so I could at least brag about that. Time to break down and buy myself a digital powder scale. I think my old one is not giving good readings. See all you guys soon.

Dave

. . . having my rear sight blade come off at the 50 yard standards, my performance sucked. I did hit the 50 yard target 3 times with no rear sight, so I could at least brag about that.

sgtglock -

In a match a few weeks ago, my rear sight came off and hit me in the face. I somehow managed to bank it off the lens of my sunglasses, and hit the RO. I shot the last stage with no rear sight, 32-round run and gun, and somehow managed to beat the guy I rode out there with on that stage. "We don't need no steenking rear sights!" A lot of times I don't use the front sight, either, but I'm working on that.