Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2, SA trigger reset is not positive. Need help

highhope

I have a Stock 2 with all polished and fitted extreme parts , one piece sear, extended firing pin block, T3 disco and reduced power trigger reset spring, bic pen spring. Now the DA is 5lb 5oz, SA 2lb 3oz, which is very nice, but the only problem is the SA reset is not positive. Sometimes the trigger will not reset before my next pull, usually happen when I double tap or drill. I use "reset riding" trigger control and keep my finger in contact with the trigger at all times, so that's may be the reason for not reset. I tried a heavier trigger reset spring, that will temporarily solve this problem but make DA 6lb, SA 3lb, but lighter trigger is better. I heard there is a way to polish the T3 dicso to get the positive reset, anyone knows how to do that? Or is there any other method to solve this problem?  Thanks a lot.

Edited by highhope

14 minutes ago, highhope said:

I have a Stock 2 with all polished and fitted extreme parts , T3 disco and reduced power trigger reset spring. Now the DA is 5lb 5oz, SA 2lb 3oz, which is very nice, but the only problem is the SA reset is not positive. Sometimes the trigger will not reset before my next pull, usually happen when I double tap or drill. I use "reset riding" trigger control and keep my finger in contact with the trigger at all times, so that's may be the reason for not reset. I tried a heavier trigger reset spring, that will temporarily solve this problem but make DA 6lb, SA 3lb, but lighter trigger is better. I heard there is a way to polish the T3 dicso to get the positive reset, anyone knows how to do that? Or is there any other method to solve this problem?  Thanks a lot.

You need to fit the disco, there are several older threads on here that discuss in detail what areas to hit. 

You havent changed out the trigger bar plunger spring have you? 

2 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

You need to fit the disco, there are several older threads on here that discuss in detail what areas to hit. 

You havent changed out the trigger bar plunger spring have you? 

I bought this S2 used, the first owner has fitted the disco, I will find the threads and do more work on it. I changed trigger bar plunger spring to the bic pen spring , is that good? 

It's been said in the past that replacing the trigger plunger spring with a pen spring = "goodluck no warranty" type of responses from everyone... those type of springs are not reliable.

Most people eventually moved to the henning trigger plunger springs...
Thought heard I heard PD doesn't recommend them with bolo... i think I have the "18#" spring in mine and works fine with solid reset. (Had to polish the shit out of the plunger)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I had a BOLO I used the bic spring for a bit.  It lightened up the trigger pull but, made the reset garbage. I went with the Henning 18# spring for a bit as well.  That provided decent results when not running the BOLO but the reset is still rather weak and it also adds some unnecessary pre-travel in my opinion. 

Honestly if you want a positive reset the factory spring is the way to go. Until someone decides to create a optimized version *cough Patriot Defense cough* 

Chase the trigger pull in other places and try the factory spring for a bit.

28 minutes ago, emjei said:

How Can I identity which one is the OEM Plunger Spring ???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Newb to tanfos but wouldn't it be the second to smallest (out of 4) coil spring in the gun?

Obviously it's not the recoil. Hammer should be obvious too(I'd think). Then you just have to distinguish between mag release and plunger. 

I've only had my gun apart once so maybe I'm missing something?

Edited by B_RAD

My question really is.....(I have more than one Plunger Spring) the one that comes with the Xtreme Plunger, The CGW FP spring and OEM)

How long the OEM is ??

1 minute ago, emjei said:

My question really is.....(I have more than one Plunger Spring) the one that comes with the Xtreme Plunger, The CGW FP spring and OEM)

How long the OEM is ??

Sorry. My bad. Hope someone can help with that!

Your post made it sound like you did.

I can't help - if I had a spare plunger spring I'd shoot a photo for you, but I don't have time to tear the gun down to snap a photo of one spring.

Compare a photo of the extreme spring off BSPS or a similar website to your inventory of springs?

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2 hours ago, ARy said:

When was the last time someone used the search feature around here. ?

When that guy put together "The Tanfoglio Bible" without every having touched one.

;) 

(Then Patriot Defense and the Bolo had to go and make all those T3 Disco and click pen discussions obsolete!)

Edited by MemphisMechanic