Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quite disappointing, gotta say it turns me away from SA and others when they pull this crap.  "It's gonna revolutionize the world" and then a buster no frills nothing new AR.  Head of marketing this thing should be fired. 

18 hours ago, resortboarder said:

They have enough fancy coatings, proprietary and trademark parts to make anyone think the $899 rifle is worth its weight in ...Type III Hard Coat Anodized Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Nickel Chrome Moly Vanadium Heavy Tungsten Boron-Coated GOLD!

I wonder if they can add those coatings to aftermarket accessories lol!

9 minutes ago, Nick179 said:

I wonder if they can add those coatings to aftermarket accessories lol!

I'm sure their Custom shop is willing to coat whatever you want, for the right price. imagine the possibilities!

Edited by resortboarder

13 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Pretty poor timing ...   one week before The Election.    :wacko:

They know how to keep it classy.LOL!

Political content is against the forum guidelines. 

Edited by GrumpyOne

The one thing I give them credit for is they announced it and it showed up in gun stores the same day. The nearby ranges where you can rent guns are having them available for rent later this week.

I was hoping for something other than an AR though. A pistol caliber carbine that accepted XDM magazines would have been cool.

57 minutes ago, EliteGuard said:

The one thing I give them credit for is they announced it and it showed up in gun stores the same day. The nearby ranges where you can rent guns are having them available for rent later this week.

I was hoping for something other than an AR though. A pistol caliber carbine that accepted XDM magazines would have been cool.

I would be in line to buy one right now if they did that.

4 hours ago, EliteGuard said:

That would have been a huge seller.  I run a LGS and the margins on the saint are pretty awful.  We use 5 distributors and the saint didn't show up until early this morning on their websites, and they had very few available.   We sell a lot of XD series and 1911 pistols and all our loyal SA customers where not excited at all about this. I liked SA because they didn't try and push entry level ARs.

i think it's a few days late and a few dollars short. It's basically a BCM with worse labeling, for a decent price. But those of us looking for budget entry ARs have already bought them, and many of us on this site now roll our own so to speak. I'm glad they came out with one for new shooters, and I would have bought one if this was 3 years ago. Not sure why people even bother with an A2 front site anymore... 

If this was $600 I would buy it, but at probably $750 street price, I'll pass.