Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

2 minutes ago, 3GN said:

That’s AR15 hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you...  That explains a few things.

I ordered a 308 trigger and received this one...  It has no markings on it and it came with no paperwork...  I have had difficulty getting in touch with anyone at American Trigger...  I have been trying to figure out what model it was until you identified it as an AR15 hammer...  I will send them another email and try to exchange it for a 308 trigger assembly.

Thanks again!

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you...  That explains a few things.

I ordered a 308 trigger and received this one...  It has no markings on it and it came with no paperwork...  I have had difficulty getting in touch with anyone at American Trigger...  I have been trying to figure out what model it was until you identified it as an AR15 hammer...  I will send them another email and try to exchange it for a 308 trigger assembly.

Thanks again!

You need SR Gold hammer or PCC hammer , difference is that angle on top IMG_1918.jpg

The first time I shot it, it doubled and then went full auto.

Put my original HiperFire Eclipse back in and gun shot normally.

I m pretty sure you not use JP bolt

Just now, 3GN said:

I m pretty sure you not use JP bolt

Correct...  I do not use a JP bolt.

QC10 Upper and Lower

Taccom Extreme Bolt

Blitzkrieg 5015HD Hydraulic Buffer

Blitzkrieg SS Buffer Spacer

308 Carbine Buffer Spring

I read that people had success with the AR Gold 308 trigger and the Taccom Extreme Bolt, so I thought I was good to go...  JP bolt is better with the AR Gold trigger?

QC10 Upper and Lower
Taccom Extreme Bolt

I read that people had success with the AR Gold 308 trigger and the Taccom Extreme Bolt, so I thought I was good to go...  JP bolt is better with the AR Gold trigger?

You don’t need .308 version with Tacom, your problem is safetys.

Differences beetwen 15, ar10 and PCC is only hammer. When you have problem with hammer your bolt can’t touch hammer and put him in locked position. You have problem with safetie selector , in 95% cases need to be little bit tuned to AR gold work properly .

QC10 Upper and Lower
Taccom Extreme Bolt

PCC hammer is tallest

14 minutes ago, 3GN said:

You need to tune your safety

I'm using a Radian Talon single sided 45 degree safety...  It felt good and the trigger passed all the safety checks in the AT installation video.

What safety do you recommend?

3 minutes ago, 3GN said:

I use in my rifle JP and I need to file little bit flat side to trigger work properly

The safety acts as the trigger overtravel stop in an AR15, right?

Are you saying that the trigger hits the safety too soon and then bounces back and fires again?  and that is what causes the full auto firing?  So to stop the full auto firing, file the safety down a bit so the trigger has more overtravel?

How do you determine how much to file the safety down?

The safety acts as the trigger overtravel stop in an AR15, right?

Are you saying that the trigger hits the safety too soon and then bounces back and fires again?  and that is what causes the full auto firing?  So to stop the full auto firing, file the safety down a bit so the trigger has more overtravel?

How do you determine how much to file the safety down?

Find some standard AR 15 safetie (couple $)
File only flat side of safetie , tested couple time until you have clean pull. After that You have hex screw back of the AR gold go clockwise slowly (click by click)until you find perfect trigger pull

3 minutes ago, 3GN said:

Find some standard AR 15 safetie (couple $)
File only flat side of safetie , tested couple time until you have clean pull. After that You have hex screw back of the AR gold go clockwise slowly (click by click)until you find perfect trigger pull

I have a DPMS safety that I removed to install the 45 degree Radian Talon safety...  I can put that back in.

Not sure what you mean by a clean pull?  Do you mean until it shoots with out bursting in full auto?

Turning the upper hex screw clockwise lowers the trigger pull?  I checked the trigger before I shot it...  It was 2lb 7oz...  I set my Open gun to 1lb 11oz...  Is that too light for an AR Gold trigger?

I have a DPMS safety that I removed to install the 45 degree Radian Talon safety...  I can put that back in.

Not sure what you mean by a clean pull?  Do you mean until it shoots with out bursting in full auto?

You need more space between plate on your Sr Gold shoes and flat side of safetie...

Turning the upper hex screw clockwise lowers the trigger pull?  I checked the trigger before I shot it...  It was 2lb 7oz...  I set my Open gun to 1lb 11oz...  Is that too light for an AR Gold trigger?
 Yes , go clockwise and you have lower trigger pull. I have on my Open gun same like on my PCC and AR 1.0oz

3 minutes ago, 3GN said:

You need more space between plate on your Sr Gold shoes and flat side of safetie...

I never thought the gap between the safety and the trigger could be so critical...  It might help to have one of those cut up AR15 fixtures so I can see what's happening between the SR Gold shoes and the safety...  I'll have to see if I can find one of them.

Thank you very much for sharing this information...  I appreciate it!

9 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

I never thought the gap between the safety and the trigger could be so critical...  It might help to have one of those cut up AR15 fixtures so I can see what's happening between the SR Gold shoes and the safety...  I'll have to see if I can find one of them.

Thank you very much for sharing this information...  I appreciate it!

It does matter. The CMC AR9 trigger was incompatible with my Elftmann push-button style safety. Not enough clearance. It wouldn't reset properly. (You'd have to push it forward with your finger after firing.). This safety is also incompatible with Hyperfire triggers.

FWIW, I have no issues with the QC10 upper/lower + AR Gold .223 trigger + Taccom Extreme Bolt + Elftmann push-button safety. Worked out of the box with no issues.

The AR Gold .223 trigger did not reset properly with the JP AR9 bolt though. This is why they are making that new hammer.

BTW, the AR Gold seems to have new competition nowadays for people who are interested in adjustable AR triggers that can get very light. The Timney Calvin Elite & TriggerTech AR Diamond both seem like strong competition. Haven't had a chance to compare them to the AR Gold yet, but want to!

On 6/7/2019 at 8:23 AM, avastcosmicarena said:

It does matter. The CMC AR9 trigger was incompatible with my Elftmann push-button style safety. Not enough clearance. It wouldn't reset properly. (You'd have to push it forward with your finger after firing.). This safety is also incompatible with Hyperfire triggers.

I have the exact opposite experience...  I can't get mine to stop firing...  Replacing my Radion Talon 45 degree safety with a normal mil-spec safety didn't change anything...  Still doubled several times shooting a 10 round magazine.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:23 AM, avastcosmicarena said:

FWIW, I have no issues with the QC10 upper/lower + AR Gold .223 trigger + Taccom Extreme Bolt + Elftmann push-button safety. Worked out of the box with no issues.

Interesting...  So far I've tried my AR Gold trigger in two rifles the same as yours (except for the safety) and had the doubling problem...  My two rifles are almost identical.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2019 at 12:51 PM, RaylanGivens said:

Interesting...  So far I've tried my AR Gold trigger in two rifles the same as yours (except for the safety) and had the doubling problem...  My two rifles are almost identical.

Follow up on my AR Gold trigger (actually an SR Gold trigger)...

I never could get the original curved trigger to work...  American Trigger offered to RMA the trigger and I finally took them up on their offer...  They refunded my money promptly...  When that trigger wasn't doubling, it was a great trigger.

Several people purchased the SR Gold trigger and had absolutely no problems...  I purchased a straight SR Gold trigger and installed it in my AR9 just the way I had been testing the other trigger...  un-modified Mil-Spec safety and all...  The trigger worked perfectly...  I replaced the Mil-Spec safety with my original Radian Talon 45 degree safety (because the official American Trigger installation video showed them using a Talon safety) and it continued to work perfectly...  I moved the new straight SR Gold trigger to my SBR and set it up using the same parts i originally installed the failed curved trigger with...  and it worked perfectly.

I have now shot several thousand rounds through my PCC with the SR Gold straight trigger...  Never the first double or multiple fire...  I have no idea why one was a total failure and the other works perfectly...  It certainly isn't because one was curved and the other was straight.

Sent a follow up letter to the Marketing Director who sent me the image above and issued the RMA...  He said that they have had trouble getting the PCC triggers to work...  They thought that the hammer needed to be higher than the .308 version, but that didn't always work...  That's why they held up the PCC trigger for so long.

About a week ago I sent another follow up letter to the AT Marketing Director asking if they ever found out what was wrong with my original trigger...  Never heard back from him...  He was the only contact I ever had at American Trigger...  They don't pick up their phones...  just a message saying that there is no phone support...  Maybe things have changed now, but communicating with them was difficult.

They are great triggers if you get one that works...  I'd like to buy another one for my backup PCC, but don't want to take the gamble...  Maybe their new PCC version is finally ready...  Who knows...

• 1 month later...

I am now running my JP with one of the new AR Gold PCC Triggers.  It has been flawless.   I have occasional dead triggers with my Hiperfire in this particular gun. No issues with the AR Gold.    The Hiperfire has been flawless for me in multiple other guns.