Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need A New Mag Pouch

MoNsTeR

So I've decided I need a fourth mag pouch for my Limited rig. I've been pretty happy with the three CR Speed pouches I've got, but I want to try something different. So what should I get? Let the Enosverse decide!

I like the Extreme mag pouches. They are very adjustable, hold mags securely and also allow a quick reload. Not to mention they ride a little further away from my torso. Very helpful for those of us with a "Budda". :(

Yeah I was thinking of trying it as my #1.

The CR Speeds do their job, but they have a couple of issues. Even with the little shims in place, they tend to walk around on the belt, so every time I put it on I have to make sure they're spaced correctly (I velcro'd the backs so at least they stay put when I'm strapped in). Also, the tension adjustments tend to loosen up, and I've already lost one of those tiny metric hex nuts.

Oh who am I kidding? The real reason is I'm a gadget freak and I want to buy some toys! :P

Even with the little shims in place, they tend to walk around on the belt, so every time I put it on I have to make sure they're spaced correctly (I velcro'd the backs so at least they stay put when I'm strapped in).

Good point... I zip-tied mine in place. I'd say go with the Guga Ribas or Limcat so that you can have it on your belly bullets forward if you want.

The CR Speeds do their job, but they have a couple of issues.  Even with the little shims in place, they tend to walk around on the belt, so every time I put it on I have to make sure they're spaced correctly (I velcro'd the backs so at least they stay put when I'm strapped in).  Also, the tension adjustments tend to loosen up, and I've already lost one of those tiny metric hex nuts.

are you using the cr speed belt? i've got an all cr speed set up and the pouches don't budge B)

Yep, it's a CR belt (I won't use anything else!).  They were tight at first, enough that I didn't need the shims, but they seem to have loosened up for whatever reason.

hmm..fortunately mine is still A-ok. got it last september. you might wan to consider purchasing another cr speed belt

I have the guga and am pretty happy overall with them.

Pros:

-great range of adjustability

-works on my 226 9mm (as well my svi) mags without spacers

-you can adjust the tension without taking them off the belt

Cons:

-unless you cinch them down very tightly, they can come loose off of their vertical adjustment slot when bending down (when your leg hits them)

-mine are starting to rotate around (clockwise/counterclockwise) no matter how tight I cinch them down. There's still enough resistance though so that they don't move on their own though. I think a little piece of double sided tape between the ball and detent adjustment should fix it though.