Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammers, Discos and Firing Pins

johnbu

33 minutes ago, IronArcher said:

So are we saying a stock pin, after rounding the tip (just the tip) is roughly the same thing as an Xtreme pin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's not the tip.. It the back of the pin where the hammer strikes.. 

Reason I ask is because It seems there are 2 different versions of the Xtreme

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't believe there are? I think the only thing up in the air is that some people say the older stock firing pins are not the same as the xtreme pins. While the newer pins are the same.

Can't confirm this

As per Eric Grauffel Online Shop:

This new Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin has been designed to work in all Tanfoglio pistols. This new firing pin is longer, heavier and has a new redesigned hammer impact surface to increase the reliability of your firearm while using light trigger pulls.

IPSC Production Legal

As per Eric Grauffel Online Shop:

This new Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin has been designed to work in all Tanfoglio pistols. This new firing pin is longer, heavier and has a new redesigned hammer impact surface to increase the reliability of your firearm while using light trigger pulls.

IPSC Production Legal

Fair enough. Dunno if that means "This pin we designed" or "this new version of our pin"

I am sure someone knows around here.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question.  For someone trying to stay IDPA SSP legal with their Limited Pro and not installing the Xtreme Delta or Titan hammers, would the best thing to do is to install the Solid Hammer in place of the stock Limited Pro heart shaped hammer?

- I'm thinking the Solid Hammer is no doubt IDPA SSP legal.

- Based on this post's information, the Solid Hammer looks significantly more powerful than the heart shaped hammer especially when paired with the EG firing pin (I use the PD heavier/longer firing pin and liter spring).

- In regards to the BOLO, its seems to take a little bit of force out of the hammer, but will significantly improve the SA trigger.  Given that, I don't think I want to install a BOLO unless I can put in a better hammer to increase the force.  I'm already sitting at DA 6.25 / SA 2.5 with a PD 14# hammer spring and polishing, but I don't want a BOLO to force me up to a 15.5# hammer spring and increase my DA or get lite primer strikes with my 14# spring.

So...would the Solid Hammer be the way to go for me and would it significantly increase the strike force which may...

- Eliminate lite strikes.

- Maybe allow me to go down to the 13# hammer spring which should decrease my DA pull.

- Allow me to install the BOLO without impacting my DA or causing lite strikes.

Ammo first:

What primer are you going to feed this gun, off of which press, has the chamber been reamed, and how deeply do your primer depths actually, precisely measure?

If you're seating Winchesters on a 1050 at least .005" below flush, I'd tell you to simply install a Bolo with current hammer, drop down to a 13 pound PD spring, and expect a reliable gun.

If you want to feed it factory ammo or CCI primers, that changes things.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Ammo first:

What primer are you going to feed this gun, off of which press, has the chamber been reamed, and how deeply do your primer depths actually, precisely measure?

If you're seating Winchesters on a 1050 at least .005" below flush, I'd tell you to simply install a Bolo with current hammer, drop down to a 13 pound PD spring, and expect a reliable gun.

If you want to feed it factory ammo or CCI primers, that changes things.

I load with Winchester primers on a Dillon 650.  A guy is going to sell me 1k Federal primers to try out, but I'd rather rely on Winchester if possible for availability.  I do like using "factory" ammo for sanctioned matches like Freedom Munitions or Stand One Armory Chubbies 147gr (lets not even get into the discussion here about how people's reloads are better then factory ammo).  When I tested several rounds yesterday with my reloads, FM 147 and Chubbies 147 with the 14# PD hammer spring, there were no lite strikes.  When I used the 13# spring, there were some.

Barrel has been reamed by PD.

Edited by 1eyedfatman