Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Rocket Connector

Duane Thomas

I'm looking at possibly improving my G34's trigger. I can live with the takeup, the creep, the weight, but I'd really like to shorten trigger reset. I seem to recall being told the Ghost Rocket connector did that. Anyone out there have any experience with this part? Good experiences, bad experiences? What exactly does it do, what affect on trigger pulls does it have? Enquiring minds want to know.

I put one on my Dad's 17. I don't think it does anything except remove overtravel. I don't really know any easy way to reduce the reset, It's all a matter of getting the trigger bar back in front of the connector so it will reset. They're all going to be about the same.

Someone will be along shortly to comment and disprove the above... ;)

Duane,

I installed ghost rockets in a pair of G-34s a few years ago. They inititally felt like normal 3.5 lb. connectors with less overtravel. After about a thousand rounds through each gun, I started getting failures of the trigger to reset --- the slide would cycle but the trigger would stay to the rear. After cleaning, the problem would go away for about 200 rounds --- but then re-occur. I ditched 'em --- and haven't looked back since. My take on Glock triggers is either polish the snot out of factory parts, replace the striker safety plunger and spring with the parts from Lightning strike, replace the striker spring with Wolff's reduced power one, or pay Vanek, Kartoozian or Tom Novak some bucks for a gunsmith trigger......

There may be a coupple of forum members here who should be added to that list --- but I haven't seen their triggers yet.......

For the record --- I went the polish job route; I own too many glocks and know that if I get one good trigger, I'll want to do them all.....

Come to think of it, when I bought my six inch G21 top end from Bar-sto, it arrived with an amazing trigger job --- just by mating his slide fitting and skeletonized striker with my polished lower. I don't know if they do Glock smithing......

I know a few people that have used these Ghost connectors to good effect... in my gun it almost totally eliminated overtravel..... never had a problem with it, several thousand rounds later.... I suspect if you have an issue with the trigger failing ot reset occasioanlly, not enough material was taken off the Ghost's reset tab, during install. A smidge of dirt on that peice could cause it to fail to reset if the tolerances were to close, I'd guess.

Another popular solution for reset is to install a set screw in the back of the trigger housing to keep the trigger bar from moving to far... there are several threads on glocktalk and here on this subject....

finney,

You're right. If you remove only the slightest amount that will allow it to work (clean at your bench) when it gets dirty, it will probably have an issue. Remove enough to allow it to work even if dirty. I've never had an issue with mine.

I like the Ghost, but I've had some stock connectors that gave UNBELIEVEABLE resets, even better than 1911's I own and others (factory and aftermarket) that were a lot longer. I don't know the physics behind it because you'll get one thats not that good when its an aftermarket custom part, then factory is good, or not.

Yeah, thats weird... I have a G19 that has a great trigger, with almost no reset, on a stock disconnector and parts.... most other 17s, 34s I've owned needed lotsa work... strange a mass produced gun like the Glock has so many variable in stock trigger pull.

Another popular solution for reset is to install a set screw in the back of the trigger housing to keep the trigger bar from moving to far...  there are several threads on glocktalk and here on this subject....

I would go with this option. I have owned the Ghost Rocket and it worked ok but I use this setup now. There was an article about doing this mod yourself with a setscrew.

You can buy a new housing with a overtravel screw from:

www.lonewolfdist.com

Charlie Vanek sells one with an overtravel and a pretravel:

www.vanekcustom.com

1st.......NO! Glocks don't work every time.They are just another man made machine prone to failure.I would carry nothing else but..............

Now the ghost rocket rocks,and not hard to fit.

I met the guy ,former ipsc shooter,super cool and down to earth.

He said he was knee deep in brass and very soar during and after testing.

Nothing for a period of time and then his phone rang.

Georga State Patrol contacted him and now you see the GHOST ROCKET is all over the place.

Shorter reset,3.5lb or so and very reliable.

At 1st you don,t feel a huge change but after a few matches and really concentrating on a good trigger reset .

Now go back and try a stock Glock.WOW

OK,MORE MEDS AND BACK TO MY 1100 ISSuE :wacko:

DT,

I run one and like it. I run the 5 lbs Ghost Rocket because it has a shorter reset than the 3 lbs (just like the Glocks parts).

PM me if you have any questions.

Had one, not using it now, not a big fan. Set screw in the ejector housing is better for me.

The design can cause side-effects, depending on the fit of your other parts. I didn't care for the way it binds when the slide is trying to click the disconnector. MHO...

If you have one, watch how it works with the slide removed, it's hard to explain. You'll have to push the disconnector over with your finger and [carefully] pull the trigger back and forth with thumb & forefinger.

I'm looking at possibly improving my G34's trigger. I can live with the takeup, the creep, the weight, but I'd really like to shorten trigger reset. I seem to recall being told the Ghost Rocket connector did that.

The Ghost Rocket limits over-travel. Which, in effect, limits reset...in that you haven't pulled the trigger any/much further back than needed to release the striker...so it doesn't have as much distance to travel to get back to the reset point.

Other than that, it is just another stamped part...like any other Glock connector.

How good or bad it is depends on the stamping. I have a few 3.5 Ghost connectors (not the Rocket...no over-travel tab), they aren't the greatest out of the box. Then again, I have thought the same thing of the Glock 3.5's that I have seen lately.

Heck...try one out. That aren't very expensive.

they work for me

i polished the crap out of mine.

have had zero trigger related trouble with my gun.

that 5.5 pound connecter that came out of the gun looked like crap.

the new GR connectors are better than the old one i have.

my 2cents