Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New joy from Tanfo

slavex

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

It must be a generational thing... When I was learning how to shoot... My dad taught me to ride the safety of the 1911 he was instructing me with. Is the current supply of striker guns with no external safeties just taking that method away? I've been hearing that whole thing, I want the smallest safety possible, a lot lately. To each their own for sure. Your gun, do whatever you want to it to make it comfortable for you, hack put a dildo on the recoil spring cap like a makeshift bayonet for all I care. But, I'll tell you what, when I shoot My stock2 and I have my thumb up on that big safety shelf, all feels right in the world.

I ride the safety on a 1911.

1. Positioned for it very close to the rear of frame.

2. Single action gun, so you gotta run cocked and locked.

3. Thin single stack gun.

On these double stack CZs and Tanfos I cannot physically rest my shooting thumb on top of the grip. It does nothing but break my support hand grip or cause the safety to bump on.

So far I find the safety on the Stock 3 perfectly positioned to ride, although I haven't shot a match with it yet. If they made a production-legal version that was a few mm wider on each side, I'd seriously think about it.

While you guys are arguing about where your thumbs should be, most of us on the outside are thinking:

"Everyone's hands are different sizes and there are several equally valid ways to grip a gun. Of course you guys want to do different things to make the gun fit you!"

You can stop arguing now.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the guys on page 1. 

Its easy to settle - you're probably both right. For yourselves, anyway. That's why it's great we have so many options popping up for Tanfos - used to be hard to locate any parts or any information on them. Just a few months ago.

I absolutely think everyone should customize their gun to be the best for them personally. When these come out, I'm getting 2 myself to put on a buddy's gun who wants them. It was his only complaint about his stock2s.

It's the main reason why the AR15 is so popular. It's like a Lego set. You can put as much or as little as possible. Big or small thumbed... Ham fisted (like myself) or whimsical vices of death... Doesn't matter. There is something that fits everyone

"ARs are like Legos" has long been something I've said myself.

The Same is mostly true about more mainstream guns like Glocks - it won't be production legal, but you can build a Glock (from an 80% lower) without using a single factory Glock part!

Those options have popped up now for CZs in the past few years, and 2016 has definitely been a red-letter year for Tanfoglio owners!

Have anyone tried this one yet ?...... how much smaller if from the one that comes OEM ? 

EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Single Side Safety (14.1)

Thin Safety .jpeg

Edited by emjei
wrong picture

So far I find the safety on the Stock 3 perfectly positioned to ride, although I haven't shot a match with it yet. If they made a production-legal version that was a few mm wider on each side, I'd seriously think about it.

While you guys are arguing about where your thumbs should be, most of us on the outside are thinking:

"Everyone's hands are different sizes and there are several equally valid ways to grip a gun. Of course you guys want to do different things to make the gun fit you!"

You can stop arguing now.

Get the safety for a Lim Pro. Though it might be TOO big to use both sides.... Maybe Lim pro Left side, Stock III right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8 hours ago, emjei said:

Have anyone tried this one yet ?...... how much smaller if from the one that comes OEM ? 

EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Single Side Safety (14.1)

Thin Safety .jpeg

Yes it's all I use, and what I mentioned on the first page. They are the factory witness safety. Easy to get, fairly cheap and an OEM part on another approved gun. 

Edited by bpipe95

1 hour ago, emjei said:

Can you post a comparison pic ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's not letting me upload my pic, but I have that part. It's quite a bit smaller/lower profile. Here is a pic

CH_EAA_Witness-Pavona_RS0585.jpg