Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New joy from Tanfo

slavex

49 minutes ago, slavex said:

no part number on the bag, sorry. just a Tanfoglio bag. They did say they'd be on the website this week or next though, but I'm not sure who's website they meant, Tanfo or Eric's. But if you email Eric I am sure he can find out for you. It's simply a black, left side, flat safety. Makes my Stock II a much nicer gun to hold onto. Now I just need a similar slidestop..

There are slide stops availabke That don't protrude. I think Henning Or graufel makes one. It completely eliminates the external control. It also does assay with last shot hold open though. But in a match, you'll privacy reload before last shot anyways. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't use non Tanfo parts in Production, and the whole reason I want a flush slidestop is the same reason I run flush safeties, I grip really really high and end up riding the controls. A flush slidestop like I have on my Shadow, will stick lock the slide back, even if my hand is waaay up there, something that does happen from time to time when a plan goes wrong, or you shoot like crap. 

2 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

EAA just emailed me back. They have no plans to carry the unica parts line. Soooooo either Grauffel or wait for Patriot Defense to carry the parts. 

They have them advertised on the bottom of the Tanfo website as coming soon, but have no plans to stock them. 

Makes complete sense.

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

They have them advertised on the bottom of the Tanfo website as coming soon, but have no plans to stock them. 

Makes complete sense.

Looks like we will have to order them through Grauffel for a while. Not sure if Stoeger, Henning, or Patriot Defense will carry them in the future, but they might want to consider it. They already carry Grauffel parts, so this would be another step. The G10 grips would save me time from doing my own Micarta griips

It must be a generational thing... When I was learning how to shoot... My dad taught me to ride the safety of the 1911 he was instructing me with. Is the current supply of striker guns with no external safeties just taking that method away? I've been hearing that whole thing, I want the smallest safety possible, a lot lately. To each their own for sure. Your gun, do whatever you want to it to make it comfortable for you, hack put a dildo on the recoil spring cap like a makeshift bayonet for all I care. But, I'll tell you what, when I shoot My stock2 and I have my thumb up on that big safety shelf, all feels right in the world.

Edited by ryridesmotox

A much higher grip can be obtained without safeties as shooters have been doing for a looong time with Berettas, Sigs, CZs etc. Trying to achieve the same grip with prominent safeties means no matter how much you push down with your thumb your going to push those safeties right back up when your support hand gets into position. And with these guns being DA first shot the safety is really quite useless, I'd love to see them offer flush fit plugs like Grand Power does. 

I grip the gun high, My support hand is usually in contact with my strong hand. I pretty much sandwich the safety lever between the pads of my paws there. I've been shooting that way since I can remember with 1911s. I don't ever recall one time where I flipped a safety on while I had a proper grip. 

The tip of my right thumb rests on the pad of the palm where the knuckle of my left thumb is, for lack of a better anatomical description. The safety is under my right thumb. It comfortable for me because I have shot for 25 years like that. When I got hired on my department and got my HK P2k, no external safety... I had the damnedest time trying to figure out what to do with my big ass thumbs. I have a guy who I do some business with... He LOVES these New totally flat safety levers... WHATEVER floats one's boat. When they come out I'll get 2 of them so I can slap one on each of his guns for him. I'll give them a good honest go one time just to see how they feel though. 

My support sits squarely on top of where the safeties would be on my CZ or my Tanfo, I've been shooting with that grip for 30 years, started on Berettas and SIG. Don't own, nor shoot,  a 1911 specifically because of safeties, and hating them.