Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you stay organized?

LeviSS

I haven't found a good way to keep all my gun and reloading stuff organized.  There are too many little items floating around and no seemingly good way to organize them.

How do you do it?

Pics of your rooms, cabinets, shelves, storage bins, etc would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

For the little items and parts I use those clear plastic tackle style boxes.  I think plano makes them.  Have one for press parts and another for the bullet puller pieces, decapping pins, calibration weights etc.  Seems to work pretty well for me.  Not sure if thats what you were looking for but there it is.

I had a bunch of cigar trays from 'those days' and I keep my tool heads on one side and little parts for each caliber on the other. 

For tools I hang them from hooks attached to the shelf above my press/bench. The little allen wrenches will go in a wood block drilled to accept each size wrench and sit against the back wall of my bench where I have other tools I use regularly (I do gunsmithing too).

For miscellaneous items, currently I have them in little, heavy, zip lock bags in a large slim Tupperware container.

My bullets, primers, and powder all reside in floor to ceiling cabinet. Finished ammo is on the upper shelves and 10k packs of lead are on the floor shelf. 

All my clean brass is in tupperware/plastic drawers that are about knee high. I'm guessing about 15k rounds of 9mm in one drawer and it's only half full. I have a line of four of these drawers and I configured a shelf just above them. 

My dirty brass goes into the buckets in the cabinet. d

So, I have three shelves - a lower - a mid (my bench) and an upper 

I have a lot of room left on the lower and upper bench so I haven't put much time into organizing them completely. Picture on the way. 

gun room (Small).jpg

Edited by pdxrealtor

I would call it more of a managed chaos than organized. My reloading stuff is on a couple shelves near my press bench, I have 2 buckets for brass one for dirty and one for clean. Everything else is in a series of plastic baggies and boxes somewhere in a larger box.

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 9:41 PM, LeviSS said:

I haven't found a good way to keep all my gun and reloading stuff organized.  There are too many little items floating around and no seemingly good way to organize them.

How do you do it?

Pics of your rooms, cabinets, shelves, storage bins, etc would be appreciated.

My favorite thing for the little stuff are those (what I call screw bins) cases with all the little clear plastic draws. I have my press parts, odd brass cases, dillon allen wrenches, loose primers, small gun parts, odd brass, rivets for my leather holster work. Etc...

• 1 month later...