Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm AR brake

jrswanson1

It depends on your threads, but a few of us have been experimenting locally. We are mostly running 1/2x28 so that we can try more options.

For that thread pitch, my favorite option is the Alcuin .22 break. It's aluminum, so it opens up easily. Has huge ports so helps with the timers. For 1/2x36 I really like the JP.

Good luck!

Had a hard time finding a decent looking (ie just a brake) reasonably priced 1/2 36. Not sure $100+ brakes are worth it and wanted more than a bird cage. Bought the item below and it has worked well. No problem with the timer picking it up. Finish could be nicer, but didn't expect much more at this price point. The JP is a nice traditional brake worth a look as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-TANKER-Muzzle-Brake-9MM-thread-Jam-nut-AP-MFG-/331705623016?hash=item4d3b3221e8:g:jVYAAOSw0JpV5Naj

How come no one makes glock mag couplers for pcc yet?

How do you mean coupler? If you mean to make one long magazine I guess it would be legal. If you mean to just have two mags side by side thats not permitted.

From USPSA - • All ammunition is carried on the belt, just like with handgun ammo.

I just can't imagine a brake doing much in 9mm. With my minor loads the gun feels like a squib every time i pull the trigger. lol 9MAJOR might see some benefit but that's overkill and a little harsh. If I change from the bird cage it will be for looks only.

I just can't imagine a brake doing much in 9mm. With my minor loads the gun feels like a squib every time i pull the trigger. lol 9MAJOR might see some benefit but that's overkill and a little harsh. If I change from the bird cage it will be for looks only.

The brake does nothing for recoil. It is effective with the right loads on keeping the gun flat. I have shot a few of my open major loads in my rifle out of curiosity, there is no advantage. Recoil was harsh enough to slow follow up shots and the amount of unburnt powder that found its way back into the receiver was significant. I am happy with 105 grain bullets, and a midrange charge of bullseye. Tried slower powders thinking more gas would be better, but just ended up with a bunch of carbon and powder blown back into the action. This might be where the sig has an advantage not being blowback. The combo I have now is roughly as flat as my 3-gun rifle shooting 77 grain bullets. My rifle shooting 55s is still flatter. This is all my opinion, your results may vary.;)

How come no one makes glock mag couplers for pcc yet?

How do you mean coupler? If you mean to make one long magazine I guess it would be legal. If you mean to just have two mags side by side thats not permitted.

From USPSA - All ammunition is carried on the belt, just like with handgun ammo.

I meant for 3 gun. I meant to post it in its own thread. Couldn't v figure out how to delete it. Lol

When I shot at a local 3-gun match a few years ago, certain sections of the range required PCCs due to noise restrictions. I'm not getting a brake for recoil reduction, I'm using it as a noise enhancer. I'd rather not have the timer operator crawling up my back to pick up shots like they do when I'm shooting my rimfire optic pistol in Steel Challenge.

I purchased a comp for a sub gun in 9mm. I thought in full auto might benefit me during a sub gun match I used to shoot. It did nothing, I took it off and on more than once and still couldn't feel or see a difference. I called the company that sells the comp and explained my experience and when asked what model/caliber I had purchased the fellow on the phone and someone else in the back back ground ,erupted in laughter.

However, the other reasons for a comp have merit IMHO.