Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my 650 order in...

Just before BE retired :).

I was thinking 1050 first as it would be used in .40S&W only and 3.5K to 4K rounds a month. However, after talking to bunch of 1050 owners who both loved their machines and at the same time hated them due to amount of tinkering required to run them I went with the 650XL with a case feeder. Warranty was a factor as well.

Ordered the lights and Ergo handle from Inline fabrication, but got the strong mount and the bullet tray from Dillon. I have to load 1,500 rounds before Thursday on my 550, hopefully for the last time. I will use the 550 for hunting rifle calibers (like a single stage) and .45ACP once the 650XL is all set up. Need to figure out a location on my bench for it, either next to the 550B or at the other corner. Thoughts?

2016-03-05%2014.19.44.jpg

In regards to possible Mr. Bullet Feeder upgrade, I will have to run it without it for a while and see if it will make much of a difference. I am left handed, so grabbing a bullet while running the handle up and down should not cost me much time.

Edited by tanks

Well, I have a 550 and a 650 and I just ordered the 1050. Gonn sell the 550.

I'm gonna just load 9mm on the 1050. I think the swagging station is gonna be great for mixed 9mm brass. Since you're doing .40 it probably wouldn't pay off as much, assuming no crimped primers.

I plan on upgrading to a mark 7 eventually which is another reason I ordered a 1050.

I've finally got my 650 rocking after about 5k thru it. The dang decapping pin, powder spillage and station one locator have been a pain in the arse!.....

I'm looking forward to everything being done on the upstroke as well.

The 650 is a great machine and will be my .45 loader.

Congrats on the new loader!

B_Rad why not just pick up the Mark 7 for the 650

Well,... I've thought about it. I don't have anything to back this up but I just think the mark 7 is not gonna work as well as it will on the 1050. All atations on the 1050 work on the down stroke. The priming function on the 650 seems to be the week link (if you could really call it that).

I'm surprised people still don't get the case feeder. It's obviously not a must, but I don't know anyone who didn't think it was worth every penny. Love my 650 and welcome to the club!

It is a must for the 650XL in my opinion. I was talking about the bullet feeder though.

:) Thanks for that!

Man, we're gonna miss you! I just ordered my 3 rd press from you last week. A 1050. Should be here Friday. I ordered a 650 about a month or two ago. Gonna dedicate the 650 for .45 and the 1050 for 9mm.

Thanks for making it easy for us to scratch our reloading itches!

Hope you enjoy semi-retirement!

Edited by B_RAD

:) Thanks for that!

Man, we're gonna miss you! I just ordered my 3 rd press from you last week. A 1050. Should be here Friday. I ordered a 650 about a month or two ago. Gonna dedicate the 650 for .45 and the 1050 for 9mm.

Thanks for making it easy for us to scratch our reloading itches!

Hope you enjoy semi-retirement!

Thanks a lot B_RAD! For the continued business, and the positive vibes. :)

That was my problem with Brian the last time I ordered a press. I had a lot I wanted to accomplish that week and thought the press would show up after the weekend. It got here on Thursday and I was playing with the new Dillon instead of the other projects.

Big problem with Brian that we will miss. Exemplary service!

Nels

I ordered my XL650 and a 'few' other Dillon accessories in the past month or so. I've never reloaded before, but have been a big Slide Glide fan for all of my Sigs. Knowing that Brian was winding down his Dillon Toy Shop I went ahead with the project about a year early. I wish I had started earlier, but I just wasn't ready. Thanks Brian for getting me off to an excellent start.

I went with the 650 knowing there would be a big learning curve, but I am enjoying the new project. The first several months will be spent studying and finalizing the equipment and supplies. Case preparation 101 is the first Class...

Opened up the boxes last night when I came back home. Grrr, Dillon left out the caliber conversion kit for .40 S&W. Everything in the packing list was checked off but that. Waiting for it to be 7AM in AZ. I was so looking forward to setting it up completely today. I guess the final bit will have to wait until whenever that arrives.

Edit: The conversion kit was installed on the press itself and rest of the parts clipped to the toolhead. My 550 did not come that way and it threw me off. So everything is good and I should be good to go soon.

Edited by tanks

Opened up the boxes last night when I came back home. Grrr, Dillon left out the caliber conversion kit for .40 S&W. Everything in the packing list was checked off but that. Waiting for it to be 7AM in AZ. I was so looking forward to setting it up completely today. I guess the final bit will have to wait until whenever that arrives.

i absolutely hate when this happens. you get all excited waiting then the box shows up, and stuff is missing. huge let down. it doesnt earn the shipper brownie points either.

Edited by lefty o

i absolutely hate when this happens. you get all excited waiting then the box shows up, and stuff is missing. huge let down. it doesnt earn the shipper brownie points either.

Check tanks edit - for 650's, the Caliber Conversion Kits come installed on the press.

All set up. I added the lights and Ergo handle from Inline Fabrication. Loaded 500 rounds of .40 S&W in 47 minutes. The same amount was taking me double the time on my 550B. Plus less work on my right arm as I don't have to feed the cases manually anymore.

2016-07-27%2016.50.16.jpg

Edited by tanks

Ordered Monday, press arrived Thursday morning. Wow, that's fast.

I ordered my 650 from BE on Monday the 25th as well. I have not recieved mine yet. Did they send a tracking email? I did not get one just an email confirming my order.

Sent from my minnie using Tapatalk

My shipments from AZ to MN seem to take an average of about 6 days by FedEx from the day the order is placed. Brian doesn't get a tracking number from Dillon when he submits the order. They usually ship the next day, and Brian has to check his account to get the tracking number. So if you want a tracking number you need to email Brian and request it.

That's just the way Dillon has things set up, although it's kind of a moot point now. We'll all be ordering from Dillon directly in the future...

My shipments from AZ to MN seem to take an average of about 6 days by FedEx from the day the order is placed. Brian doesn't get a tracking number from Dillon when he submits the order. They usually ship the next day, and Brian has to check his account to get the tracking number. So if you want a tracking number you need to email Brian and request it.

That's just the way Dillon has things set up, although it's kind of a moot point now. We'll all be ordering from Dillon directly in the future...

also in MN. my order worked the same way, and took pretty much the same amount of time. no complaints from me with Brian.