Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my 650 order in...

to the OP, get the mr bullet feeder. it's well worth the $$. turns the 650 from a great press into a proper MACHINE!

No more needing to pause at all to place a bullet and no need to use your left hand at all (being a leftie you could pull the handle with it if you liked). it makes things much smoother and more consistent too. I don't know anyone who regretted buying one. I was a massive sceptic that it would make much difference but when I finally bought one on impulse to try I was surprised how much faster I could load and how much easier it was. :)

With a Mr Bullet feeder on a 650 can you still look into cases to confirm powder? I would like to get one but I like to visually comfirm a charge. Also I like to seat and crimp on separate stages. Just curious~

Sent from my minnie using Tapatalk

Yea you can still see to confirm the charge.

With a Mr Bullet feeder on a 650 can you still look into cases to confirm powder? I would like to get one but I like to visually comfirm a charge. Also I like to seat and crimp on separate stages. Just curious~

Yea you can still see to confirm the charge.
Great ~ thanks

On August 4, 2016 at 8:22 PM, BeerBaron said:

to the OP, get the mr bullet feeder. it's well worth the $$. turns the 650 from a great press into a proper MACHINE!

No more needing to pause at all to place a bullet and no need to use your left hand at all (being a leftie you could pull the handle with it if you liked). it makes things much smoother and more consistent too. I don't know anyone who regretted buying one. I was a massive sceptic that it would make much difference but when I finally bought one on impulse to try I was surprised how much faster I could load and how much easier it was. :)

Yep. I got one from Midway that arrived on Friday (they had the cheapest shipping) and installed it today. After a minor setup problem I just loaded 100 rounds in 5:14 without rushing and still verifying that there is powder by looking at the case prior to it getting the bullet placed at station 3. 

Well worth the money for sure.

2016-08-14 18.20.47.jpg

1 hour ago, tanks said:

more

1 hour ago, tanks said:

more

I'm glad you like it Tanks. As I said I was a massive bullet feeder sceptic till I tried it. It enables a much more consistent stroke rhythm and stroke force which I'm sure helps with more consistent ammo and more consistent powder drops. The speed is insane. Like you 5min is a nice, slow comfy load rate for 100 rounds. Since I have a primer tube filler all I need to do at the 100 round mark is load another tube (takes about 20 seconds from start to finish), check and top up powder/cases/bullets as needed and keep going. 1,000 rounds in an hour is a snap at that kind of pace. :)

lol, me too. It seems my girlfriend "organized" our kitchen tool drawer (she knows not to touch the garage tool cabinet), she is out of town a few time zones away. I'll ask her about the new location of zip ties later, they were not at obvious places.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:28 PM, tanks said:

Yep. I got one from Midway that arrived on Friday (they had the cheapest shipping) and installed it today. After a minor setup problem I just loaded 100 rounds in 5:14 without rushing and still verifying that there is powder by looking at the case prior to it getting the bullet placed at station 3. 

Well worth the money for sure.

2016-08-14 18.20.47.jpg

I'm going to guess that you don't have that many cats. LOL

Sad to just see that BE is not selling Dillon any more. the way the web page here was set up and everything easily explained, figuring out what would be needed for an order was simple. All the 650 stuff was on one page, where now I go to the Dillon site, they have all the calibers mixed together. Going to be a learning curve. And thanks to BE for this awesome web site. Without it, I would not have bought a 650Xl, nor would I most likely even be reloading.

26 minutes ago, mikeinctown said:

I'm going to guess that you don't have that many cats. LOL

Actually, got two cats a Bengal and Siamese and a Tibetan Mastiff dog. However, cats are not allowed in the garage or my home office as the Bengal likes to eat cords and knock stuff down.

2015-12-24 08.44.44.jpg

52 minutes ago, tanks said:

Actually, got two cats a Bengal and Siamese and a Tibetan Mastiff dog. However, cats are not allowed in the garage or my home office as the Bengal likes to eat cords and knock stuff down.

LOL, I was trying to imply that the stack of cat litter containers in the photo may not exactly be full of cat litter, but rather some much heavier metal.