Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Red Dot For Glock 34 Gen 4 MOS

Skeet281

I just bought a Glock 34 Gen 4 MOS. I'd like to get some thoughts on a red dot. I will be using it for shooting plates at my local gun club, at distances of 10 - 50 yards. I have been looking at a Vortex Razor with a 6 MOA. Does this seem to be a wise choice.

I went with an RMR because it's one of the few that's low profile enough to still cowitness with BUIS.

Also, there is a screw on the back of the Razor that locks down the dot adjustment... it won't be easily accessible if you have a rear sight mounted, if that matters to you.

I've had the Burris Fast Fire 3 x 8 min.dot (Free lifetime repairs,if needed) and the C-More STS 2, 7 moa. Either will be fine. The Burris is about 1/2 the price of the C-More. My shooting buddy uses the Delta Pro Point (has 2 of them). he had to return one as it died. (At $600.00 each, I'd think this is not good!)..... You have to take in consideration that when any of these "red dots" are slide mounted they are leading a brutal life. I've got over 1000 rounds on the C-More and it was used when I got it. It will fail eventually I'd guess????...

I have five Fast Fire IIIs. One is on its 5th season with the original batteries. All have held zero and I've not had a single problem with any of them to date. I would highly recommend a FFIII.

I have both FF3 and RMR06.

If it's just a range/comp gun. I would save the money and go with the FF3. Mines holding zero perfectly.

RMR is if you're going to think about potentially using it in a carry gun. No need to turn off for battery life.

• 1 month later...

I've got an RM04 which is dual illuminated with a 7 MOA dot. It works good for indoor range shooting. I haven't tried it for USPSA yet. What bothers me is that when in my house, if I am in a dark room with the gun aimed into a lighted area, the dot washes out. I'm thinking about getting a battery operated RMR just for that reason because I would like to use the gun as a carry gun also.

Delta point (original) I have one on my m&p core. It has several thousand rounds on it and has held zero well. It seems to have the least amount of fisheye and one of the larger windows of any of the MRDS I tried. I chose it after trying all of the MRDS sights anyone would let me borrow.

JPoint.... Not only is it solid, light, insanely long battery life, no wonky green tint, but its the only one that makes their own plate to get the optic lower than the factory plate.

That does sound good. I need to see a Jpoint in person. Have seen just about everything else.

Romeo 1 looks like it will be a good option as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I run a vortex razor 3 moa on my g35 mos, an i love it. I have shot alot of different brands and after trying a vortex i have now swapped all my guns to vortex, an will continue to run them on anything else i purchase. Vortex has one of the best warranty programs in the business with a no questions asked lifetime repair or replacement policy that also transfers to the next owner if you were to ever sell it.