Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions For G34/35 Holster

RobE1010

I'm looking for suggestions on multi-use holsters for the G34/35. I am looking to use only one variation of holster for multiple shooting disciplines/uses i.e. IDPA, USPSA, GSSF, and possible carry method. I'm currently considering the Uncle Mike line, Blackhawk, Kytac, and various leather makers. Please help with any makes and models-pictures preferred.

IDPA will be your limiting factor.  (some of the holsters mentioned won't be IDPA legal)

I have been seriously considering the Kytac SooperHooper2 for use in IDPA and USPSA Production. Anyone have any experience with this product? Doesn't Dave "Glock God" Sevigny use the Kytac? If it works for him, right? ;)

It is a great holster..used it when I had a glock..not sure how it fits in with the IDPA holster rules now...but give Elderton a call..for USPSA production..perfect

David at Kytac makes a hell of a holster. I am considering him making me another one, but customizing it a little. I have his Sooper Hooper now and it is fast and sweet, but sits a little higher and shooting the 34/35, you are grabbing a little higher and pulling a little higher to get it out and w/ my shoulder surgery last year, it started aching my shoulder when doing fast draws.

I just started using the Blade Tech DOH because it sits lower and I dont have to reach so high in getting it out, but David said he can change/customize anything I need him to, to make it better. I like the Kytac so much, I might go ahead and have him to that. It is a fast holster. The DOH is good also, but I still like the Kytac, especially the mag pouches.

"I have his Sooper Hooper now and it is fast and sweet, but sits a little higher and shooting the 34/35......."

Have his 'Hooper also and do love the smooth speed he's designed into its release unlike the traditional snap off the front of the trigger guard.

That said, use Cen-Dex's "Storm for own G34 as it sits at least 1/2" lower and is lots quicker to get. Absolutely a great holster in my book.

www.cen-dex.com

• 1 month later...

I too heard great things about about kytac. I still hear great things about Kytac.

So I ordered one over two months ago. When I try to get a hold of him I have no luck on leaving VM messages or Email. They all go unanswered.

So I'm sure he is very busy with taking orders and is just unable to return calls.

So if I am lucky he will get mine to me. :D

I also have a KyTac Sooper Hooper. I haven't competed with it yet because I'm still using my Beretta, but from dry draw/fire practice it does seem a bit high for the G35. Wish it was an inch or two lower, but I know I will get used to it. But it's definitely fast and designed very well.

I use a Blade-Tech and a Kytac Sooper Hooper with my G35 and G22 for IDPA and USPSA.The Kytac is alot faster than the Blade-Tech but not as secure.It's for competition so being secure or not isn't a problem for me.Both holsters cost about the same and if I had to pick I would pick the Kytac.Ken

My G35 arrived the day before Area 4 and I made a last-minute decision to go. I didn't have a holster, but I'd used a Fobus with my 1911, so I tried one at the local gun shop. The fit was way too tight, unlike the 1911 holster. They let me strap it on and try some draws, with the end result that my belt almost became a collar. I like Fobus but I didn't want to spend the night before the match sanding the holster down. So I borrowed a Blade Tech from a friend and was very happy with it.

I haven't shot most of the other brands, so take this with a grain of salt.

The one I borrowed is their $59.95 model. After Area 4 I called the company asking about their $39.95 Combo Pak Special. The holster included in the Special is injection molded rather than xx, but the fit is supposed to be the same. The Special comes with a paddle that can be switched with the belt loop, and also with a double mag pouch.

http://www.blade-tech.com/frontend?command...ProductId=53865

Be advised, the front page of their web site now says it can take up to 6 weeks for an order to ship. The page for the Special says 1-2 days, but I'm still waiting on mine and it's been ten or eleven days.

Love the Comp-Tac locking paddle. Easy on and off for actual carry. If you have to go into one of those NO Carry Zones you don't have to strip to get the gun off. If you talk to them at Comp-Tac they can make one so that it is IDPA legal, they made one for me and I use it for my USPSA holster as well.

If you get it in the carbon fiber pattern you will look good too.

Rick

I vote for the Comp-Tac also, have used several of the locking paddles with 1911, G-35, and now an STI. Very fast but secure, I use mine in 3 gun mostly and have never had a problem. Gregg is also a fine person who stands behind his product. LOL Keith

I have found that the Safariland 5186 will do it all for me. The 5181 is also a good choice and gives added protection with the wings that function perfectly.

The hosters are lined, and create little wear to the finish, they draw smooth and fast, muzzle exits at bottom of belt, IDPA legal and I can run like heck RO'ing and not worry about it.

Best part.... My draw is the same for USPSA, IDPA, carry.. anything. That makes it the fastest, surest draw for me. I leave a 5186 on my CR Speed belt, and use a 5186 or 5181 for carry depending on if I want a paddle or not.

http://www.safariland.com/products.asp?id=134

Well I just got my Kytac.

All I can say it was worth the wait. This is easily the best holster for IDPA I have ever used or tried.

My second choice is for Comp tac. They also make a great Holster.

So if you do not mind the wait I suggest you get one.

• 2 months later...
I like the BladeTech DOH for competition, and Sidearmor for carry.

Ditto! I think you can get the DOH and then buy the SR (Sting Ray) Belt loop w/Hardware to swap out with the Drop & Offset Loop - thus I **think** it would be legal in IDPA.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.blade-tech.com/product.php?prod...&cat=251&page=2