Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Holster Help - USPSA Limited

SCTaylor

Hey guys I just picked up a 2011 to replace my G35 for limited and I'm trying to make the decision on which holster to go with. Currently I use a d/os bladetech but have been thinking about going to the DAA Racer or CR Speed WSM style holsters. This will be for USPSA only.

Am I overthinking things? It seems the only reason not to go racer style is my perceived notion that the gun is not "secure" enough.

Hey guys I just picked up a 2011 to replace my G35 for limited and I'm trying to make the decision on which holster to go with. Currently I use a d/os bladetech but have been thinking about going to the DAA Racer or CR Speed WSM style holsters. This will be for USPSA only.

Am I overthinking things? It seems the only reason not to go racer style is my perceived notion that the gun is not "secure" enough.

I think you're "overthinking". The DAA, CR Speed, and Safariland 014 holsters are very secure. I use a 014 and when the holster is properly adjusted and locked, I could hang off the pistol and it wouldn't come out. (and I'm no lightweight). I've tried yanking and twisting the pistol trying to get it to come loose, haven't been successful yet. Before you buy, ask some open or limited shooters to let you look at how secure their guns are in the holsters. I think if I have to buy a new holster at some point it will be a DAA because I use multiple open guns and they are different length so the Safariland has to have the muzzle support re-adjusted for each pistol, not a big deal, but if I have to go to a backup gun at a match, it's just one more thing to think about.

I think you're "overthinking". The DAA, CR Speed, and Safariland 014 holsters are very secure. I use a 014 and when the holster is properly adjusted and locked, I could hang off the pistol and it wouldn't come out. (and I'm no lightweight). I've tried yanking and twisting the pistol trying to get it to come loose, haven't been successful yet. Before you buy, ask some open or limited shooters to let you look at how secure their guns are in the holsters. I think if I have to buy a new holster at some point it will be a DAA because I use multiple open guns and they are different length so the Safariland has to have the muzzle support re-adjusted for each pistol, not a big deal, but if I have to go to a backup gun at a match, it's just one more thing to think about.

^^^this

When i switched from production to limited I initially had reservations about the security of race holsters. You get over that pretty quick. As long as it's latched securely it won't come out.

DAA setup here. Race master holster with magnetic block and race master pouches. I have a daa belt it's nice but cr speed I think is a little better only because their inner belt is thicker and stiffer. The new daa inners seem really cheap. Don't know if they always been that way but the one I just got couple months ago seems cheap.

I've used blade tech, cr speed wsm2, and the DAA race master. For sure the race master is the way to go. The gun is very secure and it feels right. There is a lock that you use when not shooting a stage. The gun can't be removed when this lock is engaged. Even without it you would have to be running or jumping up and down to get the gun to pop out. The way I see it is when the buzzer goes off the gun comes out so that should be a non issue.