Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun Handguard options

shaun1826

Another vote for JP enterprises. Very comfortable and sturdy.

I know the trend is lightweight and keymod/m-lok but my favorites are still JP or Nordic. Just feels natural and sturdy to hold.

Carbon fiber from Mark. Very light out from your body, no issue with heat. If you want to mount a 45 degree red dot or iron sight,etc., then JP uses a light one on their ultralight.

No expert here but be careful that your handguard lives up to its name and does not allow your fingers to come in contact with the barrel or gas block in the "heat of battle/competition". Also, be sure your chosen length goes out as far as possible to provide safe grabbing locations and flexibility against barricades. Looks like you are using a 16" barrel?

I have an SLR on an AR pistol and it is great. My 3-gun and home defense ARs have Fortis handguards. After taking a 3-gun class I realized there were some holes in the guard that might let my fingers come in contact with the gas block.

FWIW.

SLRs have been great for me. I've been looking at some of the Geissele blemished rails too.

I have the SLR Solo Ultralite MLOK and think it is great. I put a clamp-on gas block under it, and that took some dremeling on the machine screw heads in order to achieve necessary clearance for free floating.

I would like to get a scale to weigh weapons. Any suggestions?

I think the JP ultralight is like 5.6 pounds without optics or iron sights

I have a weighmax that was cheap and works well.

For a Handguard I just bought a Clark customs carbon fiber 16" 7oz with barrel nut for $160

Complete rifle should come in right at 4 lbs.

http://skidtactical.com/store/guntec-15-m-lok-rail/

i just bought this for a 3 gun ish build.

10.6 oz weight including nut made in usa m-lok

price is user friendly (i can make load more bullets and drink more bulleit)

started breaking it in today.... very light swings and stops well, i expected it to feel bigger in hand but it felt very good with c grip, and i felt i could control better

price wise its budget, not a big name company.

i don't see any design flaws, i dont love the bolts that attach tube to nut, nut seems delicate but its light weight, just slowly work up to final torque.

i bought a slight blem could not find blem

shipped super fast

• 2 weeks later...

Im a big fan of the new G3 MI lightweight models. The mounting system works well and there is no indexing required.

Just got this from Strongside Tactical and love it. Easy install, good feel, and no continuous rail on top (a plus for me). Even includes one 3 or 4" aluminum keymod rail section. I was debating this vs the helix among others, and this won as it saved me about $50. Weight is very similar...

• 2 years later...