Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic Ear Muff Recommendations

Blue Jacket

On 4/25/2016 at 9:23 AM, TennJeep1618 said:

I used to use the Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs. They're great for the price, but they give me a headache after wearing them for a couple hours, especially with eye pro.

I splurged and got a set of MSA Sordin's with the gel cups and I love them. They're pricey, but I can wear them all day with no problems.

Similar experience here.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised to see anyone rate the howard leights. they are cheap for a reason. cheap electronics and cheap construction in general. once after putting them away with some sweat on them the ear cups glued themselves to each other! Also they are almost a square shape as opposed to the nice oval of most other brands. they have thin padding in the ear seals and become uncomfortable quickly. last of all they don't provide near as much NRR as a decent pair of peltors or MSA's. Honestly I hated mine so much after 2 wearings I just bought a new pair of peltors with gel cups and tossed the HL's into a cupboard. I don't even subject friends/guests to them. I let them use my non-electric peltors which are still great muffs over the HL's. 

On 9/27/2016 at 1:05 AM, BeerBaron said:

I'm surprised to see anyone rate the howard leights. they are cheap for a reason. cheap electronics and cheap construction in general. once after putting them away with some sweat on them the ear cups glued themselves to each other! Also they are almost a square shape as opposed to the nice oval of most other brands. they have thin padding in the ear seals and become uncomfortable quickly. last of all they don't provide near as much NRR as a decent pair of peltors or MSA's. Honestly I hated mine so much after 2 wearings I just bought a new pair of peltors with gel cups and tossed the HL's into a cupboard. I don't even subject friends/guests to them. I let them use my non-electric peltors which are still great muffs over the HL's. 

I imagine a lot of people just haven't tried nicer muffs?

• 1 year later...

Hello: My Walker's are not working only after 3 months of use. I sent an e-mail to see how they handle this. I have some other brand earmuffs that still work after years of use in all temperatures. I like the Walkers but will see if I just got a pair? Thanks, Eric

On 10/4/2016 at 10:43 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

I imagine a lot of people just haven't tried nicer muffs?

I have the Howard Leight and Peltors but the MSA's are the most effective and comfortable muffs that I have used.