Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC Frame weight on Glock 20 or 21

Fordfan485

I have one on a G21 with a tactical length slide. The frame weight is really made for the 34/35/17L/24 length slides. While it will install on a 21/20 the weight is a little longer than the slide. If you can deal with the look it fits and works well on the 21 and definitely makes a huge difference in recoil.

a.jpg

I just picked up an SJC Frame Weight for my 34 and noticed they now do weights for Gen2-3 and 4 + Compact Frames, Full Size 9mm/.40 Frames, and Large Frames

I saw that last weekend so I ordered one for my glock 20. It came in the mail today. I think it is the same weight as the g34/35 one, or I got the wrong one.

post-47582-0-97910700-1461983892_thumb.j

All of the frame weights without thumb rests should be identical as they simply slide onto a rail of standardized dimensions. I suspect the differece between the full frame and compact models lies in the dimensions of the small aluminum piece that slides into the slot in the rail. The difference between the large and small frames should be in the width of the thumbrest as the inner side, where the thumb rest actually contacts the frame just forward of the slide lock lever, should be relieved in order to accommodate the wider frame.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/01/2017 at 10:51 PM, Andis2068 said:

Does the SJC Frame Weight require any permanent mods to the frame?

good  question.  i'm reluctant  about having to  drill the  frame  to  fit it  securely.  

edit:  i've  browsed youtube  for   an installation video. nada!

Edited by sigsauerfan

1 hour ago, sigsauerfan said:

good  question.  i'm reluctant  about having to  drill the  frame  to  fit it  securely.  

edit:  i've  browsed youtube  for   an installation video. nada!

I found another thread on here that talks about the version without the *thumb rest [generic]* at length.  It bolts onto the accessory rail.

16 hours ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

I was hoping to figure out if there was an open race holster like the cr speed type that fit the large frame glocks

this  is  another  concern. i know  my  double  alpha race master  magnetic  holster  won't  accept  the  SJC frame  weight!  huh!!....and  i'm not  going to  mod  it  for  that   purpose. i  might try the  weight   than see  if  i  like it and    if  it  worth getting a  modified  CR speed  holster .    

On 4/17/2016 at 10:24 AM, bowenbuilt said:

I have one on a G21 with a tactical length slide. The frame weight is really made for the 34/35/17L/24 length slides. While it will install on a 21/20 the weight is a little longer than the slide. If you can deal with the look it fits and works well on the 21 and definitely makes a huge difference in recoil.

a.jpg

Who makes that *thumb rest [generic]* ?