Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Has Dawson Sights In Stock?

Matt Cheely

Everywhere I've looked, no one has any dawson fiber optic sights in stock. <_< Anyone know of a place that does? I'd like to get a pair with the FO front target rear. But I don't want to wait who knows how long for Dawson to catch up with production.

I dont know of anyone else that keeps them instock, none the less I would go ahead and maybe get an order placed so you would not miss out again if another shortage happens after the next run. The sights are nice and are worth the wait if they are a little behind in production, but thats just my opinion...:)

Unfortunately, I am currently out of stock on every Dawson sight set I offer. It's the trickle down effect. Once Dawson starts backordering their stuff directly, then I start selling what I have in stock like crazy. Just a matter of time before it's gone too.

hksniper,

I have a Dawson FO (red) for a Glock that is supposed to be matched with a Heinie rear sight I'd like to sell. I tried it and didn't like it and took it off two days later. I'd sell you mine for a Glock if you want it.

Kevin

I called Dawson this morning. He estimated it would be 2 weeks till my order could be filled.

I am considering getting that sight from Kevin and picking up a Heinie from Brownells as an alternative. I usually prefer adjustable sights since I use my Glock for other disiplines as well as USPSA. But I'm itching to try the F.O. sights. I put them on my pin gun and it helped a lot.

Called Dawson Monday

Got my sight Yesterday (Glock 34)

Installed it today

Only problem was the wrench they provide did not fit the nut. I had to dremel the flats of the nut a little to get it to fit the wrench.

Test it out this weekend

Just talked to DP to get a higher front sight, which they're shipping today to me at cost. My rear sight bottomed out with shots still 5" high at 25 yards. A guy at my range with a Glock armorer's kit was able to install it in about 10 minutes using the Glock rear-sight drift-machine-thing.

It's a problem particular to my gun - it's also bottomed out on the factory G35 adjustables and the Advantage Arms .22 conversion. Maybe my front rails have loosened or I need a new locking block. If anyone has had this problem & has a solution, please let me know.

The sights themselves are very nice. Problem I'll have to get used to is I now draw to a lower point, and the MUCH taller FS and somewhat deeper rear notch will show me sight pictures that are not very good shots to take at 15 yards. My rapidfire groups are much bigger. Before, with the factory adj sights, any sight picture with daylight on the sides and a visible front dot meant good enough.

DP said they are buying ANOTHER new milling machine to keep up with demand on the sights.

caspian28r

I have bottomed out the rear sights on 3 guns with 3 different sight combinations installed.

I have a set of dawsons, low cut bomars, and regular bomars. With the 147 load I shoot, I just crank the sight to the bottom and that is pretty much right.

1 17 with dawsons has a barsto for the barrel and is a 3 pin

1 34 has milled bomars and has a fitted barsto

1 17 has glock bomars and a stock barrel

All three have Bomar height dawson FO front sights.

for Lighter bullets I have to bring the rear sight up. It seems to be something with me and 147 gr bullets

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if DP ever caught up with production on their sights? I just ordered an FO front for my BMGL off their website a couple days ago. The order status hasn't changed and I'm wondering how long the wait might be. Of course, I could always call, but that'd mean using a telephone.

Does anyone know if DP ever caught up with production on their sights?  I just ordered an FO front for my BMGL off their website a couple days ago.  The order status hasn't changed and I'm wondering how long the wait might be.  Of course, I could always call, but that'd mean using a telephone.

Heath,

I was just out at his shop on Wend to get a set for my gun. They are getting caught up as we speak.

Ok, nevermind. I ordered on Wednesday or Thursday and the sight arrived today via priority mail. Now the only question is whether to use red or green.

They are definitely web-challenged.