Leatham Legend High Cap .40

dirtypool40

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I talked to them, the KALI-ban got them.

In case they start up again they made THE BEST Para et al grips EVER!!!!

Thinner than stock Para's plus cool double diamond pattern.

I would ALMOST shoot a Para if it had those grips.

....oops in my haste to erase the other posts I forgot to add the pic. Good catch Nemo.

I figure if they are smart enough to proce this thing between a PARA LTD. and an STI Edge, they should have a market. They go over the edge (pun intended) and it becomes a rich man's curio. But if they could sell them for around $1400 real money, I bet they could move a few.

I looked at one at the SHOT show it looked pretty good. I saw something on it on one of the forums (of course I cant find it now) and as I recall it was more in the 2000 range. If so I think S.A. might have priced it out of contention as an STI Edge can be had for less. I could be off on the price or maybe the guy who posted on it was wrong, so its very possible that price is completley wrong.

Steve.

Well, then I guess to any Springfield marketeers who happen to the forum I gotta ask why?

Yes, we know you can set up a gun that will worth every penny of $2000, hell even $2500. But why not set up a package that you can move a bunch of for about $1500? A high cap .40 Trophy Match. You've already done the near impossible in creating an awareness of IPSC with "TGO", and you have a chance to actually break into the high cap market, with a truly competitive gun.

Sell a solid "Entry level" high Cap Lim / Standard gun at prices competitive with the STI Edge (READ AT LEAST $100 less), and sell a 9mm Open gun at $1999. No they don't need ALL the bells and whistles, but focus on the forged frame, the 1-2 round "Advantage" over other high cap systems, the availability and LEGALITY of high caps, and the FUN of shooting IPSC with the same guns TGO uses.

Hell just run the ads and prep the package, see if there's any inquiries.

Make sure to include a good magwell, and fibre optic site. Those are left off the EDGE from the factory, and everyone is going to want one.

Do something other than a round top. Those are just, well, boring and ugly. And almost any treatment OTHER than round top looks custom.

If there's a way to keep it IDPA ESP legal do so. Then you could honestly market it as competetive in both sports. (OK, maybe make some "remove the magwell and you're in" disclaimer).

Maybe run package offers with four high caps and a Safariland rig (they on-sale right now BTW).

It would be nice to have something else to reccommend besides used Edge, a G35 or a Para LTD.

On the Open package, make it 9mm. It'll be cheap for new folks wanting something cool to feed, and serious Open folks will already know about Major 9.

A real chance to grab some market share here guys, come and get it.

Just in from SA...

Hi Marvin - We have been told that gun will be available

late this year. No price has been set on

that gun.

Thanks- Tom

TOM MACKE

SPRINGFIELD-ARMORY

1-800-680-6866 X970

1309-944-8490 - FAX

www.springfieldarmory.com

tomm@springfield-armory.com

DP,

I have been questioning SA's marketing for quite a while. I have to assume they have their reasons.

My guess is magazines. Or, lack of them.

STI isn't making the STI for Para mags anymore (which fit the Springfield hicap). I would guess that STI is focusing on getting their own production moving along.

FWIW, SA did a run of double stack guns a year or two ago. They were the "Loaded" model in 45ACP (must of had some 45 mags?). They sold for the same price as other SA Loaded guns...~$600-700 iirc.

sa only currently offering of double stack in 1911 is military version, very plain, I got one finally and currently is in the gunsmiths hands being fitted, everything needs cut sights even side needs cut to allow ext. slide release, but para-ord magazines do fit with dawson mag this is 45acp of course, I just figured that the 16-40 mag would fit a 40 cal model? would'nt it? :blink:

I think this is great news & both TGO + Springfield deserve our thanks. A springfield built just for USPSA & IPSC (that you can also use in IDPA thanks to the bushing barrel).

I am not about to sell my SV but I am glad that future shooters will have a viable choice between the Springfield, the Para, the Kimber/Bul .40 highcap, the CZ TS (previously the Standard IPSC .40), Sig's new X-5, Tanfoglio's Silver Team Limited .40 and a few others. These are turning into the good old days for USPSA/IPSC Limited/Standard division. Regards,

D.C. Johnson

www.shootersparadise.com

IF its competitively priced with STI edge or even the dawson para, I want one

Looks like an STI trigger in it, dawson sight and magwell and the old trusty springfield hammer.

I WANT ONE!!

I run into that lunacy down here all the time; "I can't sell you that, then I wouldn't have one on the shelf" or "Nah, we didn't reorder those, the last ones didn't stay in the store more than a day."

Rrrrrrrrright. <_<

DP,

What you are calling "lunacy" might just be good business.

They may be able to keep the demand down by chraging a higher price.

That may allow them to make a similar amount of money.

And, it may mean vastly better logistics for them (parts, people, working$$$, storage, shipping, sales, etc.).

Since they did do that run of value-priced 45 double-stacks...I gotta believe it is the lack of magazines that is holding them back.

OK, OK, I don't ,mean to raise anyone's hackles. It's just different philosophy than I would follow.

In our "post sunset" world, I would want to educate and create new customers. Something like "High caps are fun, legal and competitive".

They oughta start making their own "new and improved" STI / PARA type mags, and plenty of them. I see MecGar is back in the high cap business for us lowly civilians, tap them.

They oughta start making their own "new and improved" STI / PARA type mags, and plenty of them.  I see MecGar is back in the high cap business for us lowly civilians, tap them.

Unless I was totally brain dead while chatting w/ Dave Skinner at the last ALSPPC match, he alluded that SA would be releasing a pistol that used STI mags in the near future. I'm not real familiar w/ Para mags, but... if you look at the big pic of the new gun, that looks suspiciously like an STI factory base pad, doesn't it???

If it had a square trigger guard it might be worth a look.

you lost me with that one. Tell me you don't put your finger on the trigger guard?

I put it on the underside of the triggerguard. The only time I put it on the front of the triggerguard is when it's round and I've fired a few shots. Main reason I can't shoot singlestacks is that damn round triggerguard.