Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ts is nothinges but problems.

Targetpractice

I purchased a cz tactical sport 40. It has been nothing but a headache. Worst purchase I have ever made. Fails to feed several times per mag. I've tried with and without bushing on plastic guide rod. Tried with and without bushing on an aftermarket ss guide rod. Have tried a few different kinds of factory ammo. Have tried reloads ranging from 1.110 to 1.150. I gave up on trying things so I sent it back to cz. They "adjusted breech face lead in, extractor, and slide stop". Got it back and still fails to feed... was my first cz purchase and definitely my last... anyone else have trouble with theirs?

I’ve got a TS 40. I never had feeding issues that couldn’t be traced to the factory mags with CZC base pads. Once I put grams followers and springs in them, no feeding issues at all. 10,000ish rounds. I did have other issues: plastic guiderod chewed up after 250 rounds; wood grips flexing and pinching the magazine inside the grip (I know right?), CZC magwell migrating loose (new mainspring plug fixed it); rear sight coming loose (pinned it in place), mag release way toooooooo big (kept dropping the mags before i wanted)... It was like death by paper cut.

But now, its bulletproof. No issues at all. Sorry you’re having problems. Nothing quite as frustrating as a gun that doesn’t work.

Never had a problem with my TS40, both with factory mags and factory mags with CZC Spring/follower kit, except when I tried 1.178" COAL. At that long, ammo were dragging inside the mag, so it went single shot. Factory ammo and reloaded ammo <= 1.170" are never a problem.

If you're going to compete, dump the shock buff. They work when shooting slow, but fails when driving the gun a little harder than usual

I’ve got a TS 40. I never had feeding issues that couldn’t be traced to the factory mags with CZC base pads. Once I put grams followers and springs in them, no feeding issues at all. 10,000ish rounds. I did have other issues: plastic guiderod chewed up after 250 rounds; wood grips flexing and pinching the magazine inside the grip (I know right?), CZC magwell migrating loose (new mainspring plug fixed it); rear sight coming loose (pinned it in place), mag release way toooooooo big (kept dropping the mags before i wanted)... It was like death by paper cut.

But now, its bulletproof. No issues at all. Sorry you’re having problems. Nothing quite as frustrating as a gun that doesn’t work.

I had considered it being a mag problem. I had purchased 5 mags for it and have the springer base pads. So just to be sure I purchased another 10rd mag. Same thing with that mag as well. My plastic guide rod was chewed up after less than a box of ammo. Metal one is even a little chewed up. Oh and yes, mag release is wayyyy to long.

I never had feeding issues that couldn’t be traced to the factory mags

My plastic guide rod was chewed up after less than a box of ammo.

Sounds like you've identified your problem ... :cheers:

not sure what causes the chewed up guide rod or if it's related to failing to feed. I'm doubting a mag issue since it happens on all 6 of my mags.

How does it run with factory loaded ammo? Mine runs great with all ammo but it has been to CZC and has the steel guide rod. What weight recoil spring are you using? Could you take a picture of the jam and post it? I suggest you talk to the folks at CZ Custom.

Edited by midvalleyshooter

I've run 25 000 rounds through mine. It's practically stock, apart from an added magwell. I've had two malfunctions ever, both due to ammo. All three of my CZ pistols have been flawless like that since the day i bought them - going back 18 years now for the first one

Strange that yours is so troublesome, and that the plastic guide rod is chewed up. Mine looks brand new after 25 000 rounds

Sent by Jedi mind control

Edited by CZinZA

I have north of 60K on my TS and it has been the most reliable pistol I have ever owned. I assume you have a .40 so OAL should be 1.130 to 1.135. Don't mess with that. Some TSs don't care for hollow points. Mine didn't care. Toss the recoil buffer in the trash. It can cause cycling issues sometimes and is not needed on the TS. It is a leftover from the IPSC .40 which did need them. Not to be insulting but make sure your crimp is set properly. (I had my crimp die loosen up and back out once is why I say this.).

I had one a few years back wish I would have kept it

Ran a steel guide rod and 11# recoil spring

Also ran all Grams springs and followers makes a huge difference

Only problem I had was mags were sticking

but a little filing on the CZ custom aluminum grips solved that

This is a picture of the jam. Empty chamber but gets stuck on an angle going up into the chamber.sometimes I can just push slide forward and it will go in. Other times I have to pull back on slide a bit and then push forward again.

Do you chamber check your loaded ammo? I'm just wondering if your ammo plunks right in the barrel if you disassemble the pistol? How does factory ammo feed? Have you chamber checked factory ammo? Can you easily slip an empty case into the extractor with the slide removed?

Looks like your rounds aren't slipping under the extractor like they should. Which can either mean there is a burr on the bottom of the extractor which needs to be filed off, or there is too much tension on the extractor to allow the round to chamber.

Edited by MrPostman

This is a picture of the jam. Empty chamber but gets stuck on an angle going up into the chamber.sometimes I can just push slide forward and it will go in. Other times I have to pull back on slide a bit and then push forward again.

Do you chamber check your loaded ammo? I'm just wondering if your ammo plunks right in the barrel if you disassemble the pistol? How does factory ammo feed? Have you chamber checked factory ammo? Can you easily slip an empty case into the extractor with the slide removed?

that is a factory mag tech 180gr. Not spent at all. Brand new factory load. I do chamber check my ammo.pretty sure Ammo isn't the problem. Tried federal and mag tech today. Neither one worked right. Yes I do chamber check every single round I load. Ammo passes plunk test as well.