Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp gmr13 PCC trigger question

colbyjack

I run an original JP fire control group with GI hammer and hammer spring under a CMMG ramped bolt. Runs 100%. I would be wary of using reduced-power hammer springs as the resistance of the hammer is a significant component of the blowback action.

I was actually looking into a similar topic today, not for a JP rifle tho. I read on the VelocityTriggers.com website a warning that says DO NOT USE WITH 9MM CONVERSIONS OR OPEN FACE BOLTS. This is a self contained unit like the Timney or CMC... wondering what the issue is. I have not contacted the manufacturer yet to ask about the issues, is there something obvious I just don't know??

I was actually looking into a similar topic today, not for a JP rifle tho. I read on the VelocityTriggers.com website a warning that says DO NOT USE WITH 9MM CONVERSIONS OR OPEN FACE BOLTS. This is a self contained unit like the Timney or CMC... wondering what the issue is. I have not contacted the manufacturer yet to ask about the issues, is there something obvious I just don't know??

There is no issue that I could tell. I run a Timney 3lb and it is GTG.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree that the "factory" JP trigger beats the pants off the other stock triggers available in common PCC's. And, its as good or better than most of the drop-in units as well.