Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550B primer catcher trick?

Just did mine this morning: tossed the cotter pin and used a thin piece of ss wire, loaded some 200 rounds and all the spent primers went where they supposed to go!! Simple fix for a pita problem.

I would think on the bottom facing the press below the pin pivot point to use 9x45 pic below the red arrow "line" and hiding behind the chute

seems to me the rest either slides against the press to open the chute dropping said spent primer or doesn't move ( negating the counterweight effect) would probably have to be one of those thin magnets maybe looks like a dime.

John

I started to use a 1" 1/16 roll pin that I had to trip a bit. That sucker never bends or deforms. I have it fit tight on the center housing and loose on the outside sheet metal housing which i had to drill out a bit so it would pivot freely. I put a drop of red lock tight on the pin where it goes though the inter-housing and it has been there for the last 5 years with no issues. Bought a small magnet at Home Depot to put on the primer chute for a bit of weight on the outer housing towards the top. My primer drop always works now.

JW

• 2 weeks later...