Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Grip Comparison

turbopower18

Cha-lee

How grippy is the CK grip compared to the stock DVC grip?

Thanks

To me the stippling of the DVC grip and the texture on the CK grip feels like it produces about the same amount of friction. Neither are overly aggressive, which is probably a good thing. But realistically who cares? If you need more friction just put some grip tape on it. Personally I prefer smooth grips so I can put grip tape where I need it and leave it off of where I don't.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I like the amount I get now, looks like I will be giving CK a call.

I have tape on my current SVI. Very nice recessed pocket so it stays in place. My new gun I ordered with the tactical pockets.

Handled th CK at SHOT like it, but the SVI just feels a bit more ergonomic

I have a skate taped G35 and it's nice. I'm looking to build my 2011 and want to try PT, CK and SV. Just don't know where to try them all out? In Dallas and last months match got rained out. Anyone in DAPs plan on having anyone of these grips at the next IDPA or USPSA match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first steel grip was a Phoenix Trinity textured grip (not the aggressive grip). I thought it was so rough at first but grew to like it. When the time came to get a steel grip for my other 2011, I went with the Aggressive SVI Signature grip. At first I thought it was a mistake. As I had read on this forum, it was like holding a piece of coral. After about a week of shooting and dry fire, I no longer felt the sharpness. The grip is perfect for me with a short trigger. I have average (at best) sized hands. I just ordered another SVI grip to replace the Phoenix Trinity

post-56284-0-53153600-1458953616_thumb.j

Nice pic!

Is that the carbon steel grip or stainless? I'm looking to swap out the plastic DVC grip for a SVI metal grip.

My first steel grip was a Phoenix Trinity textured grip (not the aggressive grip). I thought it was so rough at first but grew to like it. When the time came to get a steel grip for my other 2011, I went with the Aggressive SVI Signature grip. At first I thought it was a mistake. As I had read on this forum, it was like holding a piece of coral. After about a week of shooting and dry fire, I no longer felt the sharpness. The grip is perfect for me with a short trigger. I have average (at best) sized hands. I just ordered another SVI grip to replace the Phoenix Trinity

attachicon.gifIMG_3212.JPG

Nice pic!

Is that the carbon steel grip or stainless? I'm looking to swap out the plastic DVC grip for a SVI metal grip.

Thanks it is the stainless grip

That's cool...any smith fitting required to that Eagle or did you do it yourself?

• 3 months later...

Ok, my question is about the shape.

I have one gun with a polymer grip on it yet. Do the PT or CK have the shape like the SVI. I notice the SVI is undercut at the beavertail.

My main open gun has the SVI grip, which I will probably just do the same, but was curious as it appears I could save some money.