Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ca 3-gun Series Comes To Sacramento

Where: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center near Ione, CA http://sacvalley.org/

When: Sunday, May 29th with signups starting at 8:15 and walkthrough around 9 at the Action Pistol Range.

How Much: $45 dollars if your shooting in the series or $25 for just this match.

Six stages: 1 pistol, 1 rifle (200 meters), 1 shotgun, 1 pistol/rifle (close), 1 pistol/shotgun, and 1 shotgun/rifle (200 meters)

Round count will be announced at a later date.

Along with your shooting gear, bring food, drinks, sunscreen...we hope to be wrapped up by 4pm with match results.

For questions, ask them here or email me.

Additionally, Taran Butler and Adam Carlson are planning to teach a 3 gun class on the days preceding the match and your match fees will be covered by your tuition. That's all I know about that for now.

Thanks for your time and I hope to see you out there.

David Benzick

I've stayed in Folsom for work, I will check that out. Didn't realize it was closer than RC. I know Jackson is farther, took me about 30 to get to SVSC from the Best Western in Jackson last year. My wife prefers Jackson for her part of the trip ;-)

--

Regards,

• 1 month later...

I don't have exact round counts but as you all know, the ammo won't go bad if you don't use it that Sunday. I'm taking 150 bird, 20 slugs, 150 pistol and 150 rifle. I could probably shoot the match twice with that much ammo.

I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there.

Dave

We're using the USPSA multi gun rules so if buck is allowed that's fine.  I don't think you'll need it though.

Dave

dave, i believe the uspsa shotgun rules allow for match directors to restrict type of ammo, so it's up to you. multi-gun rules should be silent on ammo. but i don't think any of our stages are gonna need buck. in fact, if you shoot buck on my stage, you'll be there awhile. :lol:

David, we are now allowing buck at Richmond for our long gun matches. I just mention that it may not work that well on clays and leave it up to the shooters to sort out what they wanna do when they see the stages ;-)

Just be sure to remind all the new shooters that their steel shot hunting loads aren't gonna be welcome!

I'm lookin' forward to it, see ya there :-)

I only ask becaue I saw a shooter with an open choke shooting 7.5's and not being able to knock down plates at like 13 yards. He was attempting to clear plates off a texas star. I personally will probably just have what George reccomends, 7.5's and a modified choke.

Thanks!

Vince

We'll allow buck but no steel bird shot.

It will be about 85'F on match day.

The "attack goose" is no more. He attacked the range managers car and got under the rear wheel. His picture now hangs in the club house in memorium.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Dave

Since the weather has been crappy we pretty much just have been shooting Oakdale. Turlock shut down, we shut down. Just Ione, Oakdale and Richmond left.

See ya all there?

Looking forward to the first 3 gun of the year for our posse

rob, where you guyz been shooting since the your range closed?

look forward to seeing y'all again sunday.

Match is over and may I say it was a blast, even though my day was bad from start to finish. I arrived at the match half our late just to find out that I don't have my key to my rifle's cable lock. They helped me at the range by using a chisel and hammer to cut the cable. After finishing all the stages with a miss or two, I happen to leave behind my rifle sitting on a rack on stage 5. I shot with Butch, Adam, Steve, Vince, Dave and Chris. If you guys happen to pick it up, please let me know how I can get it back. It's been a pleasure and thank you.

It was a good match.. I was wondering about stage 1, but it wasn't really as bad as it seemed when I saw it for the first time. The long range rifle stages were fun and a good challenge. The shotgun only stage was a little confusing, but really put me through the ringer for loading and trying to remember that slug in the middle of all the other birdshot I loaded. We got finished a lot sooner than I expected and we had some really good shooters. That pistol stage looked easy but bit several people on our squad, me included, lol. Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

:)B):)

Vince

Norbert, your rifle is in good hands and is being held for you.

Yeah, it was a nice little 3 gun match. Our squad was done around 5:30 pm and never really took a break until we had to wait for the next squad to finish on stage 1 (which even though it took forever wasn't that bad after all, some good fun actually!)

The LD rifle stages went nice and smooth, they were a blast and featured a nice balance of near to far. The slug select stage wound up being a bit of a memory test, but included a valuable drill on loading while running backwards ;-)

All in all, a nice effort. Many thanks for all the hard work the SVPS match staff put in.

--

Regards,

It was a really good match. Hats off to the guys for putting it on.

Great job. I too, thought stage 1 looked a little difficult, especially since we finished the match on it, but it was fun once you shot it.

Nice 3 gun match..........Had a good time.............Thanks to those that put it on and I was on a GREAT squad of people............Geoff was our unofficial leader and he did a good job...........

The rifle stages were nicely balanced

Geoff....Thought my "gaming" idea on our last shotgun/handgun stage was a good idea!! Oh well.........

Geoff....Thought my "gaming" idea on our last shotgun/handgun stage was a good idea!! Oh well........

I really did think it was a great idea, I just feel better that we did it in line with the match officials (majority) call on it :-) At a big match, with that course description, I'm all over it with ya ;-)

It was a great day of shooting and the squad was great because of the rest of the members.

--

Regards,