Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide ride VS RTS

Rowdy1111

I've had 2 RTSs on two separate pistols. Both sights have had issues. One has been sent back for repair and is still working. The other is on my bench waiting to be sent back.

I love the 8moa RTS2...... when it works. That is where the rub lies. With the 8 moa the dot is bright enough even in the AZ sun but reliability is hit or miss. Quite a few out there including 2 of mine have gone back. That said it is what I am running. I would not go to a major and invest all the time and money for it without having a backup in my bag though.

I tried one, then went back to the horizontal slide ride:

_20150726_195536_zpsbzs1donv.jpg

_20151106_053023_zpsujrpmd5n.jpg

It looked cool and saved weight, but it was enough to make up for the smaller glass and the dot higher off the bore.

Plus mine would turn off randomly.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Still a lot of issues with the RTS2. A friends version 1,200,242 died last week. He has been through at least 12 of them in the last year. I ordered a DeltaPoint Pro last week, I am going to give it a try and see if it lasts.

Are these mounted on the slide or on mounts?

On a frame mounted application, the battery is sandwiched between the optic and the mount, the switch is digital so if you lose contact with the battery even for a split second you lose the dot and have to scroll back up through the brightness settings.

The biggest issue for me was that the body of the optic is right where the dot used to be; I imagine if I came from an upright slide ride I would have loved it (smaller body and lower glass), but I started Open with a horizontal slide ride and don't even notice the body off to the left.

IMG_20130427_184200_400_zps070de4ed.jpg

Still a lot of issues with the RTS2. A friends version 1,200,242 died last week. He has been through at least 12 of them in the last year. I ordered a DeltaPoint Pro last week, I am going to give it a try and see if it lasts.

Are these mounted on the slide or on mounts?

Frame mounts

I've been running a rts2 soon after try came out, my first one didn't make 400 rounds till it broke

The replacement has been perfect ever since, the one thing I did was to install a small o-ring under the bottom battery contact

I know it's cheesy to put a 50 cent o- ring in a 400 bucks scope, but it works