Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke my Dillon RL1050 mainshaft.

Hello: Well after I don't know how many thousands of reloads they mainshaft on my Dillon RL1050 broke. The ears broke off the bottom part of the shaft where they connect to the crank. By the looks of the grain structure on the broken part it looks a little on the weak side. I must have well over 100,000 of 9mm loaded on it and who knows how many 223,40, 38 and 45 loaded on it. I just hope Dillon still make a replacement for it still. I have an e-mail into them now. It has never had a power feed on it just my arm pulling the handle. Thanks, Eric

Hello: You owe me a dollar. It is an old RL1050. It actually let go on the upstroke which I thought was unusual. I think it may have been cracked for a while and finally let go. Thanks, Eric

That why I don't gamble, let me know where to send it. Should have read better "ears" off of "shaft" being key there.

RL on left, super on right.

IMG_20131203_133857_574_zpsd8128d14.jpg

Edited by jmorris

Hello: You owe me a dollar. It is an old RL1050. It actually let go on the upstroke which I thought was unusual. I think it may have been cracked for a while and finally let go. Thanks, Eric

That why I don't gamble, let me know where to send it. Should have read better "ears" off of "shaft" being key there.

RL on left, super on right.

IMG_20131203_133857_574_zpsd8128d14.jpg

jmorris: No problem on the dollar. Go to Whataburger and get a coffee on me or you. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Hello: I have a new one coming. They offered to fix the machine but I need it for my up and coming matches. So I bought one. Besides I have had great use out of that machine for over 10 years now. This is the first real problem I have had with it. Wish I could say that about other stuff I have bought from other companies. Dillon you guys ROCK! :cheers: Thanks, Eric

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Bringing an old thread back from the dead.

Just broke the main shaft on my RL1050 exactly like Eric did (lower ear, on the up stroke).   Will call Dillon and order up a replacement part tomorrow.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to get the pivot pin out so that I can remove the broken shaft?  I tried drifting the pin out with a couple of whacks with a punch and mallet, but the pin barely moved. 

Thanks!

Brian

8 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

From reading the old posts, sounds unlikely they have any more in stock - hope

I'm wrong.

Good luck with it.     :) 

Thanks. Still available.  Ordered this morning, should have it by the end of the week.