Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Backup/Practice gun

brentfish

Alright, so I'm ready for the verbal pounding here...

I recently pre-ordered a CZ Tactical Sport Orange to shoot limited this year. I'm coming from Glocks and 1911's my whole shooting career. I want to get a 9mm practice gun/backup gun that is a CZ, and I really would like to build up a CZ 75 SAO limited minor gun. Basically trigger, springs, sights, a mag well, safety, and grips.

Two questions: do you guys think it's worth going with a 75 for my backup to the TSO, and is there any other mod that I really need to do for this backup/practice gun?

I am a believer in having a back up/practice gun set up almost or as close to identical as your primary gun. My back up guns are my primary dry fire practice guns and need them to feel the same. Plus if I ever need to resort to my backup during a match, the transition will be seamless.

Edited by MRevolutionIX

I am a believer in having a back up/practice gun set up almost or as close to identical as your primary gun. My back up guns are my primary dry fire practice guns and need them to feel the same. Plus if I ever need to resort to my backup during a match, the transition will seamless.

This.

I am a firm believer in having a dryfire/practice gun. I dry fire and practice exclusively with the backup and shoot matches with the match gun. Triggers are setup similar, currently the only difference is the match gun is an Accu and the practice is a Shadow that I did the work on myself and I purposely have a heavier trigger in it. Sights are a bit different for now, but the Accu will have the HAJO pulled off of it for a fixed rear.

Edited by zen_grasshopper

Is your TS a 40? If so I definitely suggest a TS 40 for a back up. You don't really want to carry double ammo, belt, mags, etc do you?

+1. Also, you can load 40sw to minor and it shoots softer than a 9mm. Plus, you save all the additional expense for additional mags, etc.

if you're looking for a backup/practice gun get the same model and get them as close as possible, i went through this last year i have a shadow but wanted a stock 2. i bought the stock 2 and wish i bought a 2nd shadow enough differences between the 2 to make it annoying to switch back and forth and i'd rather shoot the shadow!