Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat?

3djedi

They are a full custom gun that they build for Speed Shooters. And yes that is similar to the gun that KC shoots. I believe that KC is shooting a Wild Cat Perfect Site. This one is built with a SV Tracker Hybrid Barrel. Cool gun!

A local guy bought a brand new Limcat open in 9 Major last summer and I was able to shoot a couple of rounds through it. It was a work of art. The slide moved like it was on butter.

It's my understanding they are a similar grade to SV Infinity guns, but they don't manufacture many of their own parts like infinity does. They do make their own hammers, magwells, and modify their own grips I think... Cool think I noticed is they use a CZ/Tanfo style front sight dove tail, interesting.

http://www.limcat.com/#!models/c1zvz

Edited by EngineerEli

Are these considered full custom pistols? What makes these $4000 guns? I've heard the name Limcat but have never seen one. I think KC Eubosio shoots them, correct?

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?id=LMWTLP&n=Limcat-Wildcat-Tracker-2011-Limited-Pistol

Wow, there's actually one available to buy right away... you normally have to wait for a while to have one built.

They are beautiful guns that run excellent!!!

I have a couple Limcat open guns you can't go wrong the additional machine work, they have run perfectly and Johnny & Julian have been a pleasure to work with, and I'm hard to please. i've attached picture of my 22LR Johnny made for me,

post-16211-0-53762300-1452124782_thumb.j

It's my understanding they are a similar grade to SV Infinity guns, but they don't manufacture many of their own parts like infinity does. They do make their own hammers, magwells, and modify their own grips I think... Cool think I noticed is they use a CZ/Tanfo style front sight dove tail, interesting.

http://www.limcat.com/#!models/c1zvz

Not even close IMO. For that money I'd have an SV

One of my buddies locally shoots one, and I must say it is damn loud. But it is amazingly cool. Absolutely beautiful machining (a little gaudy for me personally, but I can appreciate it for the artwork that it is), parts that are fit beautifully... I can't think of a single negative.

Other than that it is loud. Cause I don't like loud.

I had a chance to put a few rounds through one. Don't know the product line enough to know the exact model but it would have been a limited or equivalent model.

I had one magazine to put through it at about 7 yards and while I was shooting I'm starting to think I only see one hole; am I missing that bad? (my eyes suck)

That was the tightest group I've ever shot at that distance and that included one inadvertent double tap (I don't shoot 1911's that often) that still touched (just barely) all the other holes (which all overlapped).

I do realize that was just one of those sweet spots in time and that things just happened to work out right but I still remember it with a smile on my face.

well, dang it, I bought the damn thing. It's a 5.5" tracker

One thing I found out is that you can send it back to limcat for a free recoating once a year. That's cool.

Edited by 3djedi

I'm surprised how much slop there is between slide and frame though.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by "slop" between slide and frame? Looseness in fitting?
Yes. You can rock it back and forth. More than on my STi.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

After having an SVI open gun, and a Limcat open gun, I ordered two more Limcat limited guns . One for my son, and one for a friend . I do not know what you'all are talking about on slide looseness, all of mine were exceedingly tight. Did you buy them used? As for myself I will not be buying any more SVI, it will be Limcat. - JB