Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat?

3djedi

After having an SVI open gun, and a Limcat open gun, I ordered two more Limcat limited guns . One for my son, and one for a friend . I do not know what you'all are talking about on slide looseness, all of mine were exceedingly tight. Did you buy them used? As for myself I will not be buying any more SVI, it will be Limcat. - JB

Nope. Brand new. Trigger is phenomenal but the slide to frame is glock like. Terrible. I'll try and post a video of it. For $4400 gun I think it's ridiculous but I'm no gunsmith.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Im not a gunsmith either, but that is absolutely ridiculous. I feel sorry for you to spend your hard earned money, and Im sure you had to wait for the gun. Then you end up with this. I am sick and tired of the way companies have a " we are shit hot attitude" and then let something like this get buy. Hell les baers are done by hand, can they not get a cnc in this day and age to do a better job than that. I currently have a pos glock made by one the top custom shops that has been nothing but trouble from day one. It is currently at their shop for the second time within a year. They have had it for two months now, so I feel your pain.

I emailed limcat and have already gotten a response. They don't understand how it left like that but they are taking care of it. They are sending me a UPS pick up. He said from the video it looks like it's going to need a new slide and barrel fitted.

I'm thrilled they emailed me back on a Saturday night. Sounds like great customer service.

In your January 6th post you are " surprised that a $4400 gun doesn't have a metal grip." Did you actually have this gun built without Johnny or Julian going through the build options to provide you with exactly what you wanted? Was this an instock gun and the build wasn't noted? My dealings with Limcat have been great and it is no wonder they are immediately responsive to your concerns. Perhaps you should have called them first.

In your January 6th post you are " surprised that a $4400 gun doesn't have a metal grip." Did you actually have this gun built without Johnny or Julian going through the build options to provide you with exactly what you wanted? Was this an instock gun and the build wasn't noted? My dealings with Limcat have been great and it is no wonder they are immediately responsive to your concerns. Perhaps you should have called them first.

I didn't have this gun built. It was built for Speed shooters. I bought it from them. But they had some build specs on their site. It was pretty much a late night "impulse buy". But I did call limcat about it before I bought and asked a couple quick questions...... One thing I learned is that you get a free gun refinishing once a year. He said he wanted his guns to always look good.

Edited by 3djedi

Don't mean to interfere, but why are there TWO threads on this topic? And why all the questions and builder-bashing before you contacted the gunsmith? Aren't we supposed to contact the merchant first, before bringing our complaints and problems into the forums?

It's great he's going to take care of it for you, but he should have had a chance to respond before getting beaten up here - twice.

Don't mean to interfere, but why are there TWO threads on this topic? And why all the questions and builder-bashing before you contacted the gunsmith? Aren't we supposed to contact the merchant first, before bringing our complaints and problems into the forums?

It's great he's going to take care of it for you, but he should have had a chance to respond before getting beaten up here - twice.

What do you work for him? I mean there is no excuse for this issue , it did not just slip by. I don't think a robot built and assembled the gun, and somebody test fired it. How could that not get noticed. If it wasn't for this forum he would have never got a email on a Saturday night !

What do you work for him? I mean there is no excuse for this issue , it did not just slip by. I don't think a robot built and assembled the gun, and somebody test fired it. How could that not get noticed. If it wasn't for this forum he would have never got a email on a Saturday night !

No, I don't work for them, don't even know them. I don't own a Limcat. Be careful about accusations, you're likely to end up looking foolish.

If I recall, the OP said that he bought the gun from a third party. How many hands did it go through? Did someone else alter it? We don't know, but what we do know is that the maker responded to the email. If you have some proof that this bunch of seller-bashing caused that to happen, please provide it.

Some people are having way too much fun bashing a guy who they've probably never had any dealings with at all, and on the basis of a disgruntled buyer's word. A sad state of affairs.

Edited by teros135

Actually Teros has it right --and to really get down to brass tacks:

If you have a problem with a merchant or gunsmith, take it up with them. Not just first, but last. Brian's forum is not the place to resolve customer service issues -- that's solely the provenance of whomever sold you the product. Why? Because this place exists to talk about shooting, not to engage in he said/she said contests with a merchant -- who might have a very different opinion of the issue at hand.

Hence locked -- after this quote from the forum rules -- please note that it applies everywhere, not just in the hate forum:

Hate Rants

Rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.