Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SNS 147gr NLG Round Nose

JLeeCZ

Anyone tried these yet? Have been using their flat point for a while and really like it. Wondering about the ogive compared to other 147s on the market. Their 125s have to be seated deeper to fit my 9s which is one reason I went to the 147, well that and I just like 147s better.

http://www.snscasting.com/new-9mm-147-grain-round-nose-coated-1000ct/

Edited by JLeeCZ

I had the chance to try these out a few weeks back so I will leave some feedback of where I am currently at. I found the profile of the bullet to be very forgiving. I shoot CZ 75 SP01 Shadows and they are known for short chambers, so I will start there. I chamber checked this out to 1.1600 with no issues out of the factory barrel on the CZ. I loaded up and shot anywhere from 1.100 - 1.1500 and saw no issues with feeding or ejecting. I did not attempt to get a hard zero, but I was aiming at about a 2" dot at 20yds when I shot through my chronograph. The best accuracy from appeared to be around 1.1300 (fist size group). I have a ransom rest, but it was giving me fits that day so I could not get a grouping without human error. A little back ground I have made some suggestions to Jim and Ryan recently regarding the profile of the 135gr bullet( very big shoulder) and how with a CZ we have had to run OAL down to 1.070 to get them to feed. That being said I really hope that they replace the 135gr bullet in its current profile with something similar to this 147gr RN. I would not load these with a Dillon bullet seat die as it as leaving a round ring and showing some deforming on the nose of the projectile. I went to a Hornady and Lee die and there were no issues with those. (Side note the dillon bullet seat die is fairly shallow so this is kind of a characteristic with them). I shot these side by side with my Hornady 147gr FMJ RN with N320 set to 1.1300 and noticed near equivelent accuracy free hand. I had to do some major remodeling in my basement so I have not been back to the range with my ransom rest recently. Once I get the kinks of the ransom rest I worked out, I plan on giving these a lot harder test. I am impressed with the preliminary results and intend on buying at least another 1,000. I load a considerable amount (15-20k per year) of 9mm so whatever bullet from SNS seems to be the best will be what I end up buying.

Received some today. Great looking bullet. As soon as I convert my Dillon back over to 9mm, I'll load some over my go-to for 147s WSF. From the way they look, expecting good results. Still think their bullets have the coolest color, plus they shoot well.

I just ordered a sample pack of them as well as the 135 to see if I like them better than the 147 flat points I have been using. I'll update as soon as I get them and load up a few rounds.

Received some today. Great looking bullet. As soon as I convert my Dillon back over to 9mm, I'll load some over my go-to for 147s WSF. From the way they look, expecting good results. Still think their bullets have the coolest color, plus they shoot well.

Have you had a chance to try these out yet?

Have you had a chance to try these out yet?

Have not. Just finished up my .45 loading and plan to convert back to 9 this weekend and load'em up.

Loaded these last night. Took out my SP01 barrel to find my seating depth range. Found that I need 1.14" max with the RN profile to reliably fit the short CZ chamber. For 9mm, I load everything to shoot/fit in my CZs and find the end result shoots well in my Sig, HK, and STI.

Edited by JLeeCZ

• 2 years later...
47 minutes ago, HI5-O said:

If these are the red coated ones, they work fine in my Shadow 2. 

OAL 1.120” 

Thanks for reply

I have had a box sitting on the shelf a while. The ones I have are still gold colored.  I’ve been using the new red RNFP in my shadow. Looking to maybe run these in one of my brands. Just been looking for good load data on the coated RN 

On 5/21/2018 at 5:28 PM, usmc90 said:

Thanks for reply

I have had a box sitting on the shelf a while. The ones I have are still gold colored.  I’ve been using the new red RNFP in my shadow. Looking to maybe run these in one of my brands. Just been looking for good load data on the coated RN 

My production load is: SNS 147gr coated RN over 3.1gr N320 at 1.120”