Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Mississippi Classic

unfortunately, Drew did not make it in this year due to conduct unbecoming to a Match Staff Member..... :roflol:

I emptied the mailbox periodically last night, anticipating it perhaps getting full.... Last emptied it at midnight, none in it when I left for work....

It currently has an undisclosed number hand delivered this AM, and FedEx driver just called my cell.... "Where the H3LL do you want me to put all these????"

I'm not calling it full until I have time to actually sort, open up everything, and enter in to spreadsheet. But given last year's rush.... if it isn't postmarked today... probably not gonna make it. :closedeyes:

Magnolia Rifle & Pistol club has been working on plans to expand, specifically adding additional pistol bays in one phase. When this phase gets completed we will have additional bays and maybe the MD then can add a couple stages to The Classic at that time!! It sucks not being able to get everyone in here to hang out and shoot with us.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was paying the price, Gump!

Hope it'll be worth it, we sure will try to make it worth your while

Wait listed last year, not happening this year. I basically had planned this since last year. You put on a match that's well worth driving 4-5 hours after working all day;-)

If we didn't make it in, it wasn't meant to be.

People who are active in the section and live in the state shouldn't have to sweat getting in their own state match, imo, but it is what it is.

The gator got this one right, luckily for the LA guys, and it's unfortunate for the ms guys who aren't near Jackson.

Driving 6 hours round trip to register is bananas. I'm just glad all matches aren't like this.

People who are active in the section and live in the state shouldn't have to sweat getting in their own state match, imo, but it is what it is.

The gator got this one right, luckily for the LA guys, and it's unfortunate for the ms guys who aren't near Jackson.

Driving 6 hours round trip to register is bananas. I'm just glad all matches aren't like this.

It was about 4.5 round trip for me last night but like said it is what it is. It amazes me how fast this match and the Gator fill up. Shows a lot about the shooters and volunteers in our 2 states

Do any other states do this other than LA?

I just wonder if any other section has similar problems.

No idea if other sections do like LA. Doubtful it's an issue for many of them, it wasn't for LA or MS until demand created it. It's a good problem to have, of course, but a problem that has to be managed nonetheless. I'm sure everyone has different opinions on how best to manage that demand. Personally, I think LA got it right, even though I don't benefit from it. But it ain't up to me.

It was about 4.5 round trip for me last night but like said it is what it is. It amazes me how fast this match and the Gator fill up. Shows a lot about the shooters and volunteers in our 2 states

Well I know of a couple shooters and volunteers who will not make it in there STATE MATCH.

If you wanted to shoot it bad enough then you would have found a way, that's all there is to it. No matter how registration would be done, the range can only accommodate X amount of shooters. This topic will get beat to death again this year in this thread about the way registration was done or not done, right or wrong, yada yada yada. Bottom line is that it is what it is now

I wish we had the space to accommodate more folks. This is one of those matches that I look forward to every year, not just because it is our State Championship and my home club is hosting it, but because this is the one time a year I get to see friends I have made from all over the Southeast and the whole country. best of luck to all who sent in their entries. Hope to see you on the range.

FedEx driver just called my cell.... "Where the H3LL do you want me to put all these????"

I am more amazed at people being able to successfully get FedEx overnight packages out after 8pm than I am by people actually driving 5 hours to hand deliver them.

I agree, offly crazy overnight packages got delivered yesterday morning. Merely 12 hrs after the apps went out. Either way mines in the mailbox as of about 8:30pm last night. Hope the 5hr drive wasn't a waste, seems to have been quite a few magicians that got theirs out day before yesterday.