Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Xtension vs Nordic MXT

Dannybot

I dont think the tubes on either are going to bend. The Taccom does give you the ability to link them together which is kinda cool. I have not seen one in person so I couldnt tell you the qualityof them. I do know I have had a nordic tube on all my shotguns thus far and the machining is top notch and they have never failed me.

I put the Taccom tube on my M3K and it has worked well. Machining is top quality and the price/service are great. I like the fact that if I want to add more rounds to my +5 I can just buy an inexpensive extension.

I swapped my Taccom tube on to my A5 in place of the Nordic that I ran on there in 2015. The Taccom tube is using a thicker walled tubing and has both male and female threads on each tube, eliminating the need for a coupler. With my nordic tube, I was using a clamp, and don't feel it is necessary for the Taccom tube. I got in 4, 5, and 6 rd tubes along with a barrel nut and end cap. The barrel nut knurling is really nice for a good grip, the end cap has the same knurling. Since the endap and barrel nut thread into one another, it's easy for me to reduce down to a hunting length and not have to use a super long plug.

My Nordic tube gave me zero issues this year and I have nothing negative to say about it whatsoever, I just find the Taccom tube to be built stouter and the male/female threading to be more convenient.

** disclaimer, I am sponsored by Taccom and received my tubes as part of my sponsorship.

• 1 month later...

I have not used the Taccom, but the Nordic MXT modularity works great for me. I run a +5 base tube (so I am ready to go at any matches that limit Tactical to 8-round max at any time) and put a +4 extension on the end so I can run a 12-round tube everywhere else. I have never run a tube clamp on that and never had a problem with it. I did use one of Taccom's 3-D printed free-float clamps for Starlight 3-Gun last fall, in order to have a rail mount for a flashlight attachment. That worked great, and I may keep it on there anyway to provide a bit more tube insurance in the future.

Couple things I really like about the Taccom. It's solid as can be so no worries about it coming apart if inserted into a dump barrel a little too hard. The end cap has a sling swivel stud on it so for that one or two times a year you need a SG sling, you don't need to worry about your slug POI with a clamp/stud addition. The end cap also works as a +1 for the factory tube for hunting, if you were so inclined. We covered the modularity already. It provides a little bit of weight out front for running in the +5 configuration for factory.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got it out to test with the Nordic +9 and Roulette Tactical +1 which gives a 14 rdtube capacity. I had to cut three coils off the spring to allow a full load.

It ran flawlessly in testing and in the match i shot this past weekend. Not having to reload at all one one stage, as well as only two reloads on a long 26 target jungle run really helped my game. I shaved 40 seconds off the jungle run with only one FTN; the MGM spinner. Last month I left two clays and the spinner untouched.

An added benefit of the long tube is seemingly less spring tension making reloads easier. Now I just have to practice those reloads....

Tacoma is strong but heavier than mxt. I'd all you do as far as modularity is slap on a +1 or 2 end cap, then the Nordic mxt is fine. The neurotic in me still wants to run a clamp on Nordics. The taccom's modularity is awesome like Dillen said. To go from 10rds to 13 with just one segment and not have to use a coupler is an advantage. I am a fan of Nordic tubes because of their lightweight strength, but I don't like their couple system. Taccom has em beat there, in my opinion. I need to shoot the Taccom tubes more, and if the weight doesn't bother me, and I like the balance, I may use them much more.