Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ESP division?

brianr34

I have a Glock Gen4 34 that I shoot in SSP. Next year I would like to shoot it in ESP. I want to do a stipple job on the G34 to improve my grip and do a trigger gard undercut for a more comfortable grip.

My only concern is if I do the stipple job and IDPA decides to cancel ESP, I would have a Glock that I could not shoot IDPA with.

How confident should I be that the ESP division will continue for the next several years?

The other reason I may not stipple is I was considering trying USPSA Production. I assume stippling would prevent that.

The Glock is very easy to reload thanks to the plastic gun and plastic mag. The CZ , S&W, XDM etc not so much. If you use a mag well then the advantage is lost. The trigger will never be as good as 1911 or CZ. I want to use my talents and equipment to the best advantage. Its just my opinion but the Glock is best in SSP. In the end it is always the Indian and not the bow and arrow.

• 3 months later...

The Glock is very easy to reload thanks to the plastic gun and plastic mag. The CZ , S&W, XDM etc not so much. If you use a mag well then the advantage is lost. The trigger will never be as good as 1911 or CZ. I want to use my talents and equipment to the best advantage. Its just my opinion but the Glock is best in SSP. In the end it is always the Indian and not the bow and arrow.

A Dawson Ice magwell on a Glock make reloads easier. I know a lot of people who shot Glocks in Limited and you should see their reloads. Look at Shane Coley's videos.

When I first started shooting IDPA I used my Glock 34 for both SSP and ESP. I was able to make Expert in both divisions in my second year of shooting. I did not change nothing on my Glock 34 when I moved to ESP. Keep you Glock 34 as is and have a great time shooting.

brian, stippling is allowed for USPSA Production, but no under cutting of the frame.

Grips

• For semi-automatic Production guns, grip tape, grip sleeves, checkering, stippling or other texture may only be applied in the areas shown in appendix E4. Glue and grit is considered the same as stippling.

E4

Checkering, stippling, and/or tape may only be applied to the areas illustrated by the dashed line boundaries which include the frontstrap and backstrap. Grip Tape cannot be applied to any part of the slide, trigger, trigger guard, or any lever or button. Grip Tape or Grip Sleeves cannot disengage a grip safety.

Any addition or removal of material which changes the factory profile or adds function such as beaver tail or thumb rest.

Edited by 9x45