Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 WSSC August 25 - 27 2016

ZackJones

Well I won't go to CA to shoot for sure even if I would likely win Super Senior.

Check out the videos. Great range, excellent presentation of the targets with great contrast between the berm and the plates. I understand you don't like the Commiefornia politics, but that's the attitude that let's them win. Come on out, enjoy the great weather, and stick a finger in the liberals eye!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I won't go to CA to shoot for sure even if I would likely win Super Senior.

Check out the videos. Great range, excellent presentation of the targets with great contrast between the berm and the plates. I understand you don't like the Commiefornia politics, but that's the attitude that let's them win. Come on out, enjoy the great weather, and stick a finger in the liberals eye!

Buy $200-300 in magazines or commit a crime to attend the match.

There is no exception to the magazines capacity rule for competition, only the assault weapons ban has an exception for out of staters. The WSSC shouldn't be in state that bans many competitor's equipment.

There is no exception to the magazines capacity rule for competition, only the assault weapons ban has an exception for out of staters. The WSSC shouldn't be in state that bans many competitor's equipment.

Still not sure I understand the law ... If I wanted to shoot open am I only allowed to arrive in the state with 10 Rd mags? So I can only show up with 126mm mags for my STI Steelmaster?

Still not sure I understand the law ... If I wanted to shoot open am I only allowed to arrive in the state with 10 Rd mags? So I can only show up with 126mm mags for my STI Steelmaster?

Not legally, it holds more than 10 rounds in 9mm and 40 S&W. Will you get caught? Probably not, but that is besides the point we shouldn't be having a national/world match in a region that makes it a crime to bring your normal gear into the state.

Now I do think that the WSSC needs a permanent home and crew.

IMO USPSA needs to hire the crew that does the Steel Nationals to learn how to best setup this match. They have to down to a freaking science, the target presentation is perfect all the steel is level, and at the height is should be relative to the shooting box. Create a training guide to make available to all Steel Challenge clubs.

Phil likes to point out that the Steel Nationals aren't affiliated with Steel Challenge. That is USPSA's loss because that match is full with other 300 entries yearly with little advertising, and is better than every other "official" steel challenge match I've attended. Where as USPSA is bragging that they got a whopping 141 entries at the WSSC.

Edited by PPGMD

I'd say go someplace else if you don't like California. Then SLOSA, the home club of the Hogue range, won't have to cancel their regular monthly SC match due the exhausting effort of putting on WSSC at the last moment.

BTW, I'm sure you can find an (easily reversible) permanent magazine modification to 10 round capacity. No LEO is going to test the "epoxy" on your base plate to see if it's really permanent. Just don't flaunt our ridiculous laws by bring in HC mags and shooting three stages without a mag change.

It seems you're stuck with California next year, but the Nation's heartland beckons.

I'm not exactly a CA fan but the match fees as compared to the US Steel Nationals may also be a factor as well ....

It will be interesting to see what Mike Foley's take on all this is as well ...

He has talked about having committees that not just include Board members, but shooters. I am hoping that when it comes time to appointing members for a steel challenge committee that the members are steel challenge shooters.

I was born in CA. I could bring at most 3 guns, rimfire rifle, rimfire pistol, and single stack 9mm 1911. All of which I have shot in SC events. Oh I forgot I have an S&W 986 on layaway also.

Edited by photoracer

If I went the 10rd Glock mag route I could shoot Limited and Open with my G34 and the 2 separate slides that go with it. I am sure I am a little faster with my STI Open and Bul Limited guns but would prefer no hassle verses the possibility of hassles. Trouble is the only thing I can use those mags for later is SC or the PSA Shootout. And what's to say later they don't drop to a 7 round limit.

That's what I did when I switched over to an STI open gun. Worked just fine. I actually bought some from members here and didn't have to pay retail.

This situation is nothing new, been going on for years as there have been countless threads just like this.

If you love the match and want to shoot with the best you will figure out how to make it happen. If you don't like it being in California then find another range and staff to run the match and submit it to HQ.

It is that simple.

Let's find something else to focus on..... :goof:

DougC

Or someone could setup a "rent-a-mag" company .... Take rental orders on-line and then just setup with a booth outside the main gate. As competitors drive up to the range they stop off and pick up their mags for the match ... Drop-off box on the way out ... :)

Edited by Nimitz