Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Auto Comp loading, 38 Super and 9mm

CaptToyota

Major or minor?

For major 7.3-7.5 loaded to 1.16 with a 124 and srp's work great out of my trubor. Not 100% sure of pf till this weekend. I do know that the 7.5 groups better with MG FMJ Hp than the 7.3. By better I mean it's a smaller hole but still both a jagged hole lol.

For minor I'm an n320 guy so my opinion doesn't count lol

For major 7.3-7.5 loaded to 1.16 with a 124

Depends on the gun, but most 9 mm's make major with a 124 gr MG JHP

at 6.7 - 7.3 grains of WAC at 1.16" (but I didn't see any appreciable

difference at 1.145" or 1.17", either). :cheers:

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

This is true. I shoot a trubor with a t2 comp so it likes the 7.3 or 7.5. I load to 1.168-1.17 because it runs 100% is super mags with no spacers. Guess that is the main reason for my length. Other than I hate compressing powder lol

Major or minor?

For major 7.3-7.5 loaded to 1.16 with a 124 and srp's work great out of my trubor. Not 100% sure of pf till this weekend. I do know that the 7.5 groups better with MG FMJ Hp than the 7.3. By better I mean it's a smaller hole but still both a jagged hole lol.

For minor I'm an n320 guy so my opinion doesn't count lol

Just the loads out Hornady, Speer, Lyman..

As posted above, std book loads, nothing exotic for Major-Minor.. something for me and boy to play with together

Please specify 9mm or Super when reply

Edited by CaptToyota

wow. I'm running 7.5 currently! i must be clearing pf by a mile lol but hey its accurate and the comp seems to like it. got a date with a chrono sunday so ill find out soon enough. i made a few with all of your recipes

• 2 weeks later...

Just the loads out Hornady, Speer, Lyman..

As posted above, std book loads, nothing exotic for Major-Minor.. something for me and boy to play with together

Please specify 9mm or Super when reply

I understand what you're asking for, but reloaders on this forum are generally loading Autocomp far beyond book loads to make major or using a faster powder for minor. Superdude already gave you what you ask for here:

It's a link to the Hodgdon reloading center and will give you current book loads for both 9mm and 38 super.

If you're not using a compensated Open gun I do not suggest you use any of the load data posted above in this thread. Use the link, it's everything you ask for.

• 4 weeks later...