Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fastfire III

chetc

I've been using one for 8 months on my 17 open 3gun pistol shooting minor pf to about 135-145 pf loads and it has held up fine. The dovetail mount stripped, Burris sent me a replacement. I worry more about the mount than the sight. Mine is 3 MOA , wish I had the 8 for on a pistol. The only thing I don't like about the sight is the small window. I am going to upgrade soon and this one will go on my Open 3 gun rifle. When I chose a new sight, whatever it is I will have my slide milled for it.

I have one on a Glock34 with a few thousand rounds through it and it works great no problems

Same here on my G34, lots of rounds. Just removed the rear sight and used the Burris adapter. Get the 8MOA. I have the 3MOA and it is hard to pick up fast on a bright Texas day.

gerritm

The FF III is easily the most popular optic we mill slides for. They hold up very, very well and we know of people are literally in the tens of thousands of rounds on the same slide mounted optic and still going.

That is good to hear. I too went with the 8 MOA.

• 2 weeks later...

When carry optics came out a buddy and I decided to see how his Burris FF3 would work using the burris mount that utilizes the stock rear sight groove. It works fine - just put tons of blue Loctite for the threads securing the adapter to the frame. If you plan on shooting CO for real, just get an MOS and call it a day.

When carry optics came out a buddy and I decided to see how his Burris FF3 would work using the burris mount that utilizes the stock rear sight groove. It works fine - just put tons of blue Loctite for the threads securing the adapter to the frame. If you plan on shooting CO for real, just get an MOS and call it a day.

Eh, MOS isn't worth it.

No suppressor sights, half the screws included aren't correct, it isn't milled very deep, doesn't look as good as a custom milled slide. You can buy a regular Gen 3 or 4 Glock and have it custom milled and finished for around what a MOS Glock runs.