Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 135 bullet

chetc

wonder if some shooters can tell me if they have tried the 9mm 135 coated round nose bullets, i noticed some are real blunt and have to be seated deep in the case to clear the rifiling to chamber, looking for some info who may have the 135rn coated that can be loaded the longest. i am looking at the SNS 135, but by the looks of the design, has to be seated deep

chet

Last week I tried some Bayou Bullet 135 gr bullets in 9mm loads and really liked them.

These were sized to .358 as I got them initially for revolver but decided to do some 9mm load development in a 1911 9mm and a Tanfo. I loaded all loads to 1.140" OAL and tested at power factors from 125 to about 140. The accuracy was pretty good in both guns - about 2" -2 1/2" or so at 20 yd. off bags (about as good as I can hold with iron sights these days), they fed well, and there was no barrel leading at all.

The Tanfo barrel was throat reamed by Beven Grams (recommended if you have loading long issues - he does a good job for very fair price), and the 1911 is a stock Dan Wesson barrel which seems to accept most bullet profiles loaded out to about 1.150" OAL.

I really like the way the 135 grain bullets feel and think this may become my go-to load after I expend my current stash of 9mm minor bullets. I may get some .356 sized bullets to try before placing a big order, if there is no difference I may go with the .356 sized bullets.

Didn't realize SNS was making a 135 grain bullet, but I've used SNS before and they make a good bullets. Probably worth trying a sample.

Edited by Bamboo

Last week I tried some Bayou Bullet 135 gr bullets in 9mm loads and really liked them.

These were sized to .358 as I got them initially for revolver but decided to do some 9mm load development in a 1911 9mm and a Tanfo. I loaded all loads to 1.140" OAL and tested at power factors from 125 to about 140. The accuracy was pretty good in both guns - about 2" -2 1/2" or so at 20 yd. off bags (about as good as I can hold with iron sights these days), they fed well, and there was no barrel leading at all.

The Tanfo barrel was throat reamed by Beven Grams (recommended if you have loading long issues - he does a good job for very fair price), and the 1911 is a stock Dan Wesson barrel which seems to accept most bullet profiles loaded out to about 1.150" OAL. .

I really like the way the 135 grain bullets feel and think this may become my go-to load after I expend my current stash of 9mm minor bullets. I may get some .356 sized bullets to try before placing a big order, if there is no difference I may go with the .356 sized bullets.

Didn't realize SNS was making a 135 grain bullet, but I've used SNS before and they make a good bullets. Probably worth trying a sample.

What weight bullet was you using before trying the 135 bayou? I have shot them for almost 2 years and love them but have been thinking of trying the 125TC that bayou has. I have heard that they are really accurate

Edited by Superpipe9

"What weight bullet was you using before trying the 135 bayou? I have shot them for almost 2 years and love them but have been thinking of trying the 125TC that bayou has. I have heard that they are really accurate."

Mostly 125 grain bullets out of the 9mm guns. Generally, I like the snappier feel of a lighter bullet.

I've shot BBI 135 for the last 2 years. I love 'em. I load them @ 1.145, but the throat of my CZ barrel has been reamed. Just picked up a Tanfo, and haven't worked up a load yet. If it needs something below 1.10 oal I'll probably have it reamed as well. BBI has always treated me great.

Edited by jbearden

I've shot BBI 135 for the last 2 years. I love 'em. I load them @ 1.145, but the throat of my CZ barrel has been reamed. Just picked up a Tanfo, and haven't worked up a load yet. If it needs something below 1.10 oal I'll probably have it reamed as well. BBI has always treated me great.

A tanfo?? WTH!! When did you get that? They do shoot good.

I've loaded Ibejiheads 135, and Bayou 135. I have a CZ P09 that pretty much sets the max OAL for any of my loads. The Ibeji's had to be about 1.110 to allow a consistent plunk/spin. The Bayou had to be 1.115.

The Ibeji seemed to have a thinner, but slicker coating. The Bayou smoked a bit more and smelled a bit worse. Very minor differences though.

Both of them like about 3.5-3.7gr of N320 depending on what power factor you're looking for.

I agree with others, the 135 is pretty much between the 124 and 147 in terms of a "snap" or "push" recoil. I change my mind pretty regularly lol, but right now I think I prefer the 124 snap for fast games, and the 147 push for slow range days.

I switched from Bayou 147 to 135's, running them @ 1.085 in a Tanfo Stock 2 and Lim Pro. Just started mesing with throat reamers, loading long hasn't been an option or even useful/desirble for me.

I've probably shot 10K, have another 10K loaded on the shelf. Running ETR-7 powder, changed from N320. Zero complaints.

A while back I couldn't measure performance difference between 147 and 135. Now I am more interested in measuring vs. 124's but too many 135's on the shelf and my bulk buying partners all standardized on 135's.

I load the Xtreme 135 RNFP at 1.100. I get more consistent velocity and the same accuracy when compared to loading longer. With 3.7 gn of N320 I get 968.7 fps.

Edited by MAP

Last Nov I purchased SNS Coated 9mm and had a prob where too-round nose lodged in chamber and pulled free from case on extraction. Scary.

They've since corrected the issue and replaced all remaining unfired rounds FREE with re-design that eliminated the issue. I appreciate the way SNS handled the issue and would recommend trying them with cautious test fires, as you do all new loads.

I seat @ 1.125 using 125 gr Round Nose Coated from SNS using CFE Pistol @ 4.8 gr for a nice, snappy, quick slide-cycling recoil and more predictable return-to-firing position front sight tracking.

Good Luck.

Edited by EchoMan

chetc, your absolutely right!

The SnS 135's ogive requires a short overall length.

I had to load to 1.100 for it to drop and spin in a stock Glock barrel.

Loaded another brands 135 @ 1.135 oal.

It's a great bullet accuracy wise. You just have to back off your charge at this short oal.

3.3 TiteGroup @ 1.100 with a .378 bell closure, 130 pf = Sweet

chetc, your absolutely right!

The SnS 135's ogive requires a short overall length.

I had to load to 1.100 for it to drop and spin in a stock Glock barrel.

Loaded another brands 135 @ 1.135 oal.

It's a great bullet accuracy wise. You just have to back off your charge at this short oal.

3.3 TiteGroup @ 1.100 with a .378 bell closure, 130 pf = Sweet

hi kerry

can you pass along what 135's you had better luck loading them longer

Chet

I have been playing with this weight in BBI brand. I too, have a new S2 that has not been reamed...yet...

With that said, I have found them to be fairly accurate with no leading. As mentioned above, my chamber/throat hasn't been reamed and the longest I could load to is 1.08. This short OAL with 4.3gr of Power Pistol makes right at 137 PF.

I've loaded Ibejiheads 135, and Bayou 135. i dont see 9mm 135 Ibejiheads, did i miss them

Chet

I have a CZ P09 that pretty much sets the max OAL for any of my loads. The Ibeji's had to be about 1.110 to allow a consistent plunk/spin. The Bayou had to be 1.115.

The Ibeji seemed to have a thinner, but slicker coating. The Bayou smoked a bit more and smelled a bit worse. Very minor differences though.

Both of them like about 3.5-3.7gr of N320 depending on what power factor you're looking for.

I agree with others, the 135 is pretty much between the 124 and 147 in terms of a "snap" or "push" recoil. I change my mind pretty regularly lol, but right now I think I prefer the 124 snap for fast games, and the 147 push for slow range days.