Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P-07 Grenaded today

kitestir

Bought a CZ P-07 about a week ago. Went and shot it today. About 10 rounds in I felt the gun jump funny and something hit the top of my hand. Looked at the gun and the frame had cracked and the slide stop had popped out. I sent pics to CZ and they said it looked to them like it was a case seperation or overcharged round. I was shooting older UMC factory ammo. They told me to contact them, but I could not find the case and have no way to prove it so that will be an uphill battle..... From the way it felt I have to believe that they are correct. Unfortunately they cannot just replace the frame. They said I could send it in and they would look at it but if it turned out to be a bad round the would replace the gun for $328.(Basically only $120 off purchase price) I was a bit dissapointed in this as glock will replace a frame for $100. Not sure why they can't do the same.... Maybe I now have a slide for carry optics :angry2: I know it isn't their fault, but pretty bummed right now....

Here are some pics....

7FC434C7-C9A1-4D57-A479-13672937219B_zps

2DC73CCE-539F-49A8-80E7-74E00DC615DA_zps

637D5212-B864-434C-8201-4EBAD82C5C97_zps

CB500099-45CC-4710-B9CE-A7633543E2AD_zps

I am just going to strip and sell the parts. The top end is fine and the parts would make a good spares kit for someone, mags and +2 bases etc.... I am not a patient person and will just cut my loses. I have been shooting for 35+ years and this is the first time that I have had any issues so in all of that time and the number of rounds that I have shot I actually feel pretty lucky to never have had any major issues before this!

• 3 weeks later...