Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open glock trigger

Moltke

Open guns are known for "anything goes" right? I had some light strikes last year with my production Glock and Zev production legal trigger - so what are people using as Glock open gun triggers? How do you manage having a light as possible trigger for Open division while also avoiding light strikes?

So far on my zev full trigger kit I only use federal primers, no light strikes, if I use different primers (so far I only use federal and winchester) I use the factory stricker spring, but I only shot less than 1000 k on my open glock since it is a back up. I will be doing a lot of testing this winter with it with different primers since federals are hard to come by here.

I run a Zev Fulcrom Ultimate Kit with 2lb striker spring and the extended striker. I tried running federal small rifle primers (9mm major) and had light strikes on about 3% of rounds. I since switched back to small pistol primers and have had zero failures in over 2000 rounds and there are no pressure signs on my primers so will keep running the spp.

I run a Pyramid trigger with a 4# striker spring and Zev lightened SS striker with S&B, CCI, & Winchester primers in my reloads,. Trigger is probably in the 3-4# range with no creep and very little reset. I have shot many different factory loads including Blazer brass and my reloads with no issues or light strikes. Is it a 2011 trigger, no, but I like it and it is totally reliable. That is why I shoot the Glock Open G17.

gerritm

I've felt a couple of the ZEV fulcrum triggers and they have never impressed me. I assume you could tweak these to be real nice if you know what you're doing, but if you have to tweak them, why bother spending 200 bucks on a drop in kit? The main advantage I see is the adjustment you can make to cut down on take up. Aside from that, I can do a better job on my own.

To the OP, if you are having problems with light strikes, I suggest getting the reduced power striker spring from Glockmeister, which is supposedly a Glock OEM part. I've shot these for tens of thousands of rounds with the stock striker and had no problem with light strikes. The other light striker springs on the market seem to be less reliable.

• 3 weeks later...

Op, try ordering a replacement trigger group from eBay and doing the trigger work yourself on it. I've done maybe 10 different triggers and have all the specs on what I did to make the the pre travel and reset how you want it. I prefer my game Glocks to be set a hair before the plunger and a really quick reset. It costs about 20 in parts and just your time. PM me if you want some pics and more info.

Open Glock trigger from Carver, about 2 to 2.5 pounds. Federal primers always light. It's a crap shoot with factory ammo or CCI primers. Win primers seem to light for me too but I haven't shot them enough.

Basically the trick is to run Federal primers and if you can't you'll have to make do with a little heavier trigger.